Shaker A. Zahra is Robert E. Buuck Chair of Entrepreneurship at the Department of Strategic Management & Organization, and Academic Director of the Gary S. Holmes Entrepreneurship Center, Carlson School of Management, University of Minnesota, 321 19th Ave. South, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA.
On the Frontiers: The Implications of Social Entrepreneurship for International Entrepreneurship
Article first published online: 27 AUG 2013
© 2013 Baylor University
Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice
Special Issue: International Entrepreneurship
Volume 38, Issue 1, pages 137–158, January 2014
How to Cite
Zahra, S. A., Newey, L. R. and Li, Y. (2014), On the Frontiers: The Implications of Social Entrepreneurship for International Entrepreneurship. Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, 38: 137–158. doi: 10.1111/etap.12061
We dedicate this article to Les Boby, Salouha El Sayed El-Khalifa, and Judy Sena, in remembrance and undying gratitude. We have benefited from discussions on the social role of entrepreneurs at the University of Twente (Netherlands); EGEPE Conference in Brazil; the Gary S. Holmes Center for Entrepreneurship (University of Minnesota); Tsinghua University (China); and RENT Conference in Bodo, Norway. We appreciate the suggestions of the participants of the Glasgow Workshop on High Potential Concepts, Phenomena and Theories in International Entrepreneurship Research, especially those by Patricia McDougall, Marian Jones, and Manuel Serapio, as well as the help of the anonymous reviewers. We are also grateful for the special help of Rod B. McNaughton in guiding our thinking through the issues we cover in this article.
- Issue published online: 13 JAN 2014
- Article first published online: 27 AUG 2013
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!