An evolutionary explanation for the presence of cancer nonstem cells in neoplasms
Article first published online: 26 NOV 2012
© 2012 The Authors. Evolutionary Applications published by Blackwell Publishing Ltd.
This is an open access article under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Special Issue: Evolution and Cancer
Volume 6, Issue 1, pages 92–101, January 2013
How to Cite
Sprouffske, K., Athena Aktipis, C., Radich, J. P., Carroll, M., Nedelcu, A. M. and Maley, C. C. (2013), An evolutionary explanation for the presence of cancer nonstem cells in neoplasms. Evolutionary Applications, 6: 92–101. doi: 10.1111/eva.12030
- Issue published online: 21 JAN 2013
- Article first published online: 26 NOV 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 11 OCT 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 29 SEP 2012
- Manuscript Received: 16 JUL 2012
- National Institutes of Health . Grant Numbers: CA140657, HG000046, CA18029, CA144331, CA137811, CA91955, CA010815, CA119224
- the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada
- the Pew Charitable Trust
- the Martha W. Rodgers Charitable Trust
- a McLean Contributionship
- the Landon AACR Innovator Award for Cancer Prevention
- the American Cancer Society Research Scholar Grant. Grant Number: 117209-RSG-09-163-01-CNE
Please note: Wiley Blackwell is not responsible for the content or functionality of any supporting information supplied by the authors. Any queries (other than missing content) should be directed to the corresponding author for the article.