Both authors contributed equally to this work.
Simulating local adaptation to climate of forest trees with a Physio-Demo-Genetics model
Article first published online: 21 FEB 2014
© 2014 The Authors. Evolutionary Applications published by John Wiley & Sons Ltd.
This is an open access article under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Volume 7, Issue 4, pages 453–467, April 2014
How to Cite
Oddou-Muratorio, S. and Davi, H. (2014), Simulating local adaptation to climate of forest trees with a Physio-Demo-Genetics model. Evolutionary Applications, 7: 453–467. doi: 10.1111/eva.12143
- Issue published online: 17 APR 2014
- Article first published online: 21 FEB 2014
- Manuscript Accepted: 8 DEC 2013
- Manuscript Received: 24 APR 2013
- FRB (VARIADAPT)
- ERANET Linktree
- ERANET Tiptree
- 2013. Potential for evolutionary responses to climate change – evidence from tree populations. Global Change Biology, 19:1645–1661. , , , , , , et al.
- 2012. Potentiel évolutif d'une population de hêtre commun sur le Mont Ventoux. University Paul Cézanne, Aix-Marseille III, Aix en Provence.
- 2013. Shift of spatial patterns during early recruitment in Fagus sylvatica: evidence from seed dispersal estimates based on genotypic data. Forest Ecology and Management 305:67–76. , , and
- 2001. Genetic and nongenetic bases for the L-shaped distribution of quantitative trait loci effects. Genetics 157:1773–1787. , , , , and
- 2011. Effects of climate on diameter growth of co-occurring Fagus sylvatica and Abies alba along an altitudinal gradient. Trees, 25:265–276. LA - English. , and
- 2013. Phenotypic plasticity and evolutionary demographic responses to climate change: taking theory out to the field. Functional Ecology 27:967–979. , , and
- 2005. Modelling carbon and water cycles in a beech forest: part II: validation of the main processes from organ to stand scale. Ecological Modelling 185:387–405. , , , , , , and
- 2008. Effect of thinning on LAI variance in heterogeneous forests. Forest Ecology and Management 256:890–899. , , , and
- 2009. The fundamental role of reserves and hydraulic constraints in predicting LAI and carbon allocation in forests. Agricultural and Forest Meteorology 149:349–361. , , , and
- 2011. Diversity of leaf unfolding dynamics among tree species: new insights from a study along an altitudinal gradient. Agricultural and Forest Meteorology 151:1504–1513. , , , , , , and
- 2006. Phenological phases of common beech (Fagus sylvatica L.) and their dependence on region and altitude in Southern Germany. European Journal of Forest Research 125:181–188. , and
- 2012. Capsis: an open software framework and community for forest growth modelling. Annals of Forest Science 69:221–233. , , , , and
- 2005. Modelling carbon and water cycles in a beech forest Part I: model description and uncertainty analysis on modelled NEE. Ecological Modelling 185:407–436. , , , , , and
- 2008. Carbon allocation in fruit trees: from theory to modelling. Trees, 22:269–282. LA - English. , , , , , , and
- 2007. Adaptive versus non-adaptive phenotypic plasticity and the potential for contemporary adaptation in new environments. Functional Ecology 21:394–407. , , , and
- 2011. Trade-off between height growth and spring flushing in common beech (Fagus sylvatica L.). Annals of Forest Science 68:975–984. , and
- 2011. Leaf traits, shoot growth and seed production in mature Fagus sylvatica trees after 8 years of CO2 enrichment. Annals of Botany 107:1405–1411. , , and
- GeM Working Group 2012. Monitoring adaptive genetic responses to environmental change. Molecular Ecology 21:1311–1326. , , , , and
- 2010. Insights into xylem vulnerability to cavitation in Fagus sylvatica L.: phenotypic and environmental sources of variability. Tree Physiology 30:1448–1455. , , , , , and
- 2008. Bridging the gap between ecophysiological and genetic knowledge to assess the adaptive potential of European beech. Ecological Modelling 216:333–353. , , , , , , et al.
- 2011. Decoupling of differentiation between traits and their underlying genes in response to divergent selection. Heredity 108:375–385. , and
- 2012. Long-distance gene flow and adaptation of forest trees to rapid climate change. Ecology Letters 15:378–392. , , , , , , et al.
- 2010. Increased mortality can promote evolutionary adaptation of forest trees to climate change. Forest Ecology and Management 259:1003–1008. , , and
- 2010. Natural and sexual selection can giveth and taketh away reproductive barriers: models of population divergence in guppies. The American Naturalist 176:26–39. , and
- 2003. Genetic variability at neutral markers, quantitative trait loci and trait in a subdivided population under selection. Genetics 164:1205–1219. , and
- 2012. The genetic differentiation at quantitative trait loci under local adaptation. Molecular Ecology 21:1548–1566. , and
- 2008. Mechanisms of plant survival and mortality during drought: why do some plants survive while others succumb to drought? New Phytologist 178:719–739. , , , , , , et al.
- 2001. Spatial and temporal variability of the phenological seasons in Germany from 1951 to 1996. Global Change Biology 7:657–666. , , and
- 2010. Plant phenotypic plasticity in a changing climate. Trends in Plant Science 15:684–692. , , , , , , et al.
- 2012. Transpiration of silver Fir (Abies alba mill.) during and after drought in relation to soil properties in a Mediterranean mountain area. Annals of Forest Science. doi:10.1007/s13595-012-0229-9, 1–13. , , , , , and
- 2010. Comparison of direct and indirect genetic methods for estimating seed and pollen dispersal in Fagus sylvatica and Fagus crenata. Forest Ecology and Management 259:2151–2159. , , , , , and
- 2009. Species' range: adaptation in space and time. The American Naturalist 174:E186–E204. , , and
- 2004. Microclimate beneath pine plantation, semi-mature pine plantation and mixed broadleaved-pine forest. Agricultural and Forest Meteorology 126:175–182. , , and
- R Development Core Team 2010. R: A Language and Environment for Statistical Computing. R.F.f.S. Computing, ed. R Development Core Team, Vienna, Austria.
- 2002. Intraspecific responses to climate in Pinus sylvestris. Global Change Biology 8:912–929. , , , , , and
- 2006. Phenology of a northern hardwood forest canopy. Global Change Biology 12:1174–1188. , , , , and
- 2007. Gene flow and local adaptation in trees. Annual Review of Ecology, Evolution, and Systematics 38:595–619. , , and
- 2012. Assortative mating and gene flow generate clinal phenological variation in trees. BMC Evolutionary Biology 12:79. , and
- 2009a. Altitudinal differentiation in growth and phenology among populations of temperate-zone tree species growing in a common garden. Canadian Journal of Forest Research 39:1259–1269. , , , , and
- 2009b. Leaf phenology sensitivity to temperature in European trees: do within-species populations exhibit similar responses? Agricultural and Forest Meteorology 149:735–744. , , , , , , and
- 2011. Assessing the effects of climate change on the phenology of European temperate trees. Agricultural and Forest Meteorology 151:969–980. , , , , , , and
- 1995. Variation in temperature sum requirement for flushing of beech provenances. Silvae Genetica 44:5–6. , , and
- 1996. Theory of mast reproduction in plants: storage-size dependent strategy. Evolution 50:1795–1807.