The accuracy of the National Equine Database in relation to vector-borne disease risk modelling of horses in Great Britain
Article first published online: 7 JAN 2013
© 2012 EVJ Ltd
Equine Veterinary Journal
Volume 45, Issue 3, pages 302–308, May 2013
How to Cite
Robin, C. A., Lo Iacono, G., Gubbins, S., Wood, J. L. N. and Newton, J. R. (2013), The accuracy of the National Equine Database in relation to vector-borne disease risk modelling of horses in Great Britain. Equine Veterinary Journal, 45: 302–308. doi: 10.1111/evj.12018
- Issue published online: 9 APR 2013
- Article first published online: 7 JAN 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 16 NOV 2012 10:09AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 9 NOV 2012
- Manuscript Received: 2 MAY 2012
- Horserace Betting Levy Board
- Alborada Trust
- RAPIDD program of the Science and Technology Directorate, US Department of Homeland Security and the Fogarty International Center. Richard Newton is supported by contributions to the Animal Health Trust's Equine Infectious Disease Service from the Horserace Betting Levy Board, Racehorse Owners Association and Thoroughbred Breeders' Association. Simon Gubbins is supported by the Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Research Council (BBSRC). Gianni Lo Iacono is funded by the ESPA award Dynamic Drivers of Disease in Africa Consortium.
- 12008) Equine influenza. The August 2007 outbreak in Australia. Available at: http://www.equineinfluenzainquiry.gov.au/eiiexhibits/REP.0001.001.0001.pdf (accessed 28 January 2011).(
- 52000) The basic reproduction ratio. In: Mathematical Epidemiology of Infectious Diseases: Model Building, Analysis, and Interpretation, Ed: S. Levin , John Wiley and Sons Ltd, Chichester. p 73.and (
- 8Anon (2006) National Equestrian Survey. British Equestrian Trade Association. Available at: http://www.bhic.co.uk/downloads/bets-survey-06.pdf (accessed 11 January 2012).
- 9Anon (2010a) Horse Passports (England) Regulations 2004. The National Archives. Available at: http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2004/1397/contents/made (accessed 28 January 2011).
- 10Anon (2010b) Commission Regulation (EC) 504/2008. Available at: http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/LexUriServ.do?uri=CELEX:32008R0504:EN:NOT (accessed 28 January 2011).
- 13Anon (2011) National Equestrian Survey 2011. British Equestrian Trade Association. Available at: http://www.bhic.co.uk/facts-and-figures/beta-survey.html (accessed 11 January 2012).
- 14Anon (2012a) About tonight's exit poll. UK Polling Report. Available at: http://ukpollingreport.co.uk/blog/archives/2689 (accessed 19 July 2012).
- 15Anon (2012b) Population. Office for National Statistics. Available at: http://www.ons.gov.uk/ons/rel/pop-estimate/population-estimates-for-uk--england-and-wales--scotland-and-northern-ireland/mid-2010-population-estimates/index.html (accessed 19 July 2012).
- 162011) Confounding the commentators: how the 2010 exit poll got it (more or less) right. J. Elect. Public Opin. Part. 21, 211-235., and (