Antimicrobial use in foals: Do we need to change how we think?
Article first published online: 18 FEB 2014
© 2014 EVJ Ltd
Equine Veterinary Journal
Volume 46, Issue 2, pages 137–138, March 2014
How to Cite
Haggett, E. F. (2014), Antimicrobial use in foals: Do we need to change how we think?. Equine Veterinary Journal, 46: 137–138. doi: 10.1111/evj.12178
- Issue published online: 18 FEB 2014
- Article first published online: 18 FEB 2014
- 1World Health Organization (1999) Containing Antimicrobial Resistance: Review of the Literature and Report of a WHO Workshop on the Development of a Global Strategy for the Containment of Anti-Microbial Resistance, World Health Organization, Geneva.
- 2World Health Organization (2001) WHO Global Strategy for Containment of Antimicrobial Resistance. [7 December 2012]; Available from: http://www.who.int/drugresistance/WHO_Global_Strategy.htm/en/
- 3World Health Organization (1997) The Medical Impact of the Use of Antimicrobials in Food Animals, World Health Organization, Geneva.
- 42012) Protect ME; The Responsible Antimicrobial Toolkit for Equine Practitioners. [7 December 2012]; Available from: http://www.beva.org.uk/useful-info/Vets/Guidance/AMRand (
- 132014) Plasma and synovial fluid concentration of doxycycline following low-dose, low-frequency administration, and resultant inhibition of matrix metalloproteinase-13 from interleukin-stimulated equine synoviocytes. Equine Vet. J. 46, 198-202., , , , and (