NEW MODEL SYSTEMS FOR EXPERIMENTAL EVOLUTION
Article first published online: 29 MAY 2013
© 2013 The Author(s). Evolution © 2013 The Society for the Study of Evolution.
Volume 67, Issue 7, pages 1847–1848, July 2013
How to Cite
Collins, S. (2013), NEW MODEL SYSTEMS FOR EXPERIMENTAL EVOLUTION. Evolution, 67: 1847–1848. doi: 10.1111/evo.12116
- Issue published online: 1 JUL 2013
- Article first published online: 29 MAY 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 1 APR 2013 10:19AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 19 MAR 2013
- Manuscript Received: 12 MAR 2013
- experimental evolution
Microbial experimental evolution uses a few well-characterized model systems to answer fundamental questions about how evolution works. This special section highlights novel model systems for experimental evolution, with a focus on marine model systems that can be used to understand evolutionary responses to global change in the oceans.