Explicit consideration of topological and parameter uncertainty gives new insights into a well-established model of glycolysis
Article first published online: 19 AUG 2013
© 2013 FEBS
Volume 280, Issue 18, pages 4640–4651, September 2013
How to Cite
Achcar, F., Barrett, M. P. and Breitling, R. (2013), Explicit consideration of topological and parameter uncertainty gives new insights into a well-established model of glycolysis. FEBS Journal, 280: 4640–4651. doi: 10.1111/febs.12436
- Issue published online: 2 SEP 2013
- Article first published online: 19 AUG 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 19 JUL 2013 04:51AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 3 JUL 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 20 JUN 2013
- Manuscript Received: 3 MAY 2013
Doc. S1. Detailed description of the added and modified rate equations, and the sampling of the parameters.
Fig. S1. Glucose consumption flux in models without any activity of the glycolytic enzymes in the cytosol.
Fig. S2. Glucose consumption flux in the impermeable model (model 1a, no activity of the glycolytic enzymes in the cytosol) when the rate of the glycerol transporter is increased.
Fig. S3. Examples of comparison between the distribution of parameter values as sampled and the same parameter in the 1% best parameter sets.
Fig. S4. Distributions of the percentages of activity of the glycolytic enzymes in the cytosol among the top 1% of parameter sets of models 1a, 3 and 4.
Fig. S5. Percentages of parameter sets allowing each model topology to reach steady-state before 1000 simulated minutes.
Table S1. Parameters significantly different in the best parameter sets (highest 1% log-likelihood) compared to the other 99% sampled values.
Please note: Wiley Blackwell is not responsible for the content or functionality of any supporting information supplied by the authors. Any queries (other than missing content) should be directed to the corresponding author for the article.