Jimmy E. Hilliard is Professor of Finance and the Harbert Eminent Scholar at Auburn University in Auburn University, AL. Adam Schwartz is the Lawrence Term Professor of Business Administration at the Williams School of Commerce, Economics and Politics at Washington and Lee University in Lexington, VA. James C. Squire is Professor of Electrical Engineering at Virginia Military Institute in Lexington, VA.
A Test of Technical Analysis: Matching Time Displaced Generalized Patterns
Article first published online: 22 JAN 2013
© 2013 Financial Management Association International
Volume 42, Issue 2, pages 291–314, Summer 2013
How to Cite
Hilliard, J., Schwartz, A. and Squire, J. (2013), A Test of Technical Analysis: Matching Time Displaced Generalized Patterns. Financial Management, 42: 291–314. doi: 10.1111/fima.12002
The authors would like to thank Bill Christie (Editor) and an anonymous referee for helpful comments and suggestions. The paper has also benefited from the comments received at presentations at the Auburn University Seminar series and the 2011 meeting of the Eastern Finance Association. Professor Hilliard acknowledges the support of Kathryn and Raymond Harbert and Professor Schwartz acknowledges the support of the Lenfest grant program. We are responsible for any errors.
- Issue published online: 28 MAY 2013
- Article first published online: 22 JAN 2013
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!