*Chao Chen is a Professor in the School of Management at Fudan University in Shanghai, China. Haina Shi is an Assistant Professor in the School of Management at Fudan University in Shanghai, China. Haoping Xu is an Associate Professor in the School of Management at Fudan University in Shanghai, China.
Underwriter Reputation, Issuer Ownership, and Pre-IPO Earnings Management: Evidence from China
Article first published online: 7 JAN 2013
© 2013 Financial Management Association International
Volume 42, Issue 3, pages 647–677, Fall 2013
How to Cite
Chen, C., Shi, H. and Xu, H. (2013), Underwriter Reputation, Issuer Ownership, and Pre-IPO Earnings Management: Evidence from China. Financial Management, 42: 647–677. doi: 10.1111/fima.12006
We are grateful to an anonymous referee, Charles Chen, Shimin Chen, Bill Christie (Editor), Dionysia Dionysiou, Yuan Ding, Yuan-Cheng Hu, Jeong-Bon Kim, Jay Ritter, Shuang Xue, and Hongqi Yuan for their helpful comments and insights. We would also like to thank the participants of the 2010 American Accounting Association Annual Meeting, 2010 Financial Management Association Annual Meeting, 2011 MFS Annual Conference, 2010 National Taiwan University IEFA Annual Conference, and the research workshops at Peking University, Tsinghua University, Jiangxi University of Finance and Economics, and Fudan University. Special thanks go to an anonymous reviewer. The authors are grateful for the financial support from the National Nature Science Foundation of China (Nos. 71072004, 71202056, and 71272073), and the Financial Research Center of Fudan University. All remaining errors are our own.
- Issue published online: 26 AUG 2013
- Article first published online: 7 JAN 2013
- National Nature Science Foundation of China. Grant Numbers: 71072004, 71202056, 71272073
- Financial Research Center of Fudan University
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!