Rebel Cole is a Professor of Finance in the Driehaus College of Business at DePaul University in Chicago, IL.
What Do We Know about the Capital Structure of Privately Held US Firms? Evidence from the Surveys of Small Business Finance
Article first published online: 8 APR 2013
© 2013 Financial Management Association International
Volume 42, Issue 4, pages 777–813, Winter 2013
How to Cite
Cole, R. A. (2013), What Do We Know about the Capital Structure of Privately Held US Firms? Evidence from the Surveys of Small Business Finance. Financial Management, 42: 777–813. doi: 10.1111/fima.12015
I thank seminar participants at DePaul University, at the Melbourne Centre for Financial Studies, and at the 2008 Annual Meeting of the Academy of Entrepreneurial Finance in Las Vegas, NV. In addition, I thank Charles Ou and Ivo Welch for helpful comments and suggestions. The US Small Business Administration provided funding for this research. In addition, I thank James Ang, Jonathan Dombrow, Dan Lawson, Chad Mowtry, Charles Ou, and Ivo Welch for helpful comments and suggestions. The comments of an anonymous referee and Bill Christie (Editor) significantly improved the content and exposition of the paper. Any remaining errors are solely the responsibility of the author.
- Issue published online: 24 OCT 2013
- Article first published online: 8 APR 2013
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!