Vincent J. Intintoli is an Assistant Professor of Finance in the College of Business at Southern Illinois University Carbondale in Carbondale, IL. Shrikant P. Jategaonkar is an Assistant Professor of Finance in the School of Business at Southern Illinois University Edwardsville in Edwardsville, IL. Kathleen M. Kahle is an Associate Professor of Finance in the Eller College of Management at The University of Arizona in Tucson, AZ.
The Effect of Demand for Shares on the Timing and Underpricing of Seasoned Equity Offers
Article first published online: 26 JAN 2014
© 2013 Financial Management Association International
Volume 43, Issue 1, pages 61–86, Spring 2014
How to Cite
Intintoli, V. J., Jategaonkar, S. P. and Kahle, K. M. (2014), The Effect of Demand for Shares on the Timing and Underpricing of Seasoned Equity Offers. Financial Management, 43: 61–86. doi: 10.1111/fima.12020
We would like to thank Ariel Belasen, Xudong Fu, Jason Greene, Jean Helwege, Jan Jindra, Sandy Klasa, Ronald Oaxaca, Andrew Zhang, Marc Lipson, and Raghu Rau (Editors), and an anonymous referee for useful comments. Kelli Bittle, Andrew Koch, and Sara Shirley provided excellent research assistance. Previous versions of this paper were titled “Why is SEO Underpricing Lower for Recent IPO Firms?”
- Issue published online: 10 MAR 2014
- Article first published online: 26 JAN 2014
- Accepted manuscript online: 6 MAR 2013 04:30AM EST
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!