Erik Devos is the Wells Fargo Professor of Financial Services and Professor at the University of Texas at El Paso, in El Paso, TX.
Are Analysts’ Recommendations for Other Investment Banks Biased?
Version of Record online: 26 DEC 2013
© 2013 Financial Management Association International.
Volume 43, Issue 2, pages 327–353, Summer 2014
How to Cite
Devos, E. (2014), Are Analysts’ Recommendations for Other Investment Banks Biased?. Financial Management, 43: 327–353. doi: 10.1111/fima.12031
I thank two anonymous referees Gauri Bhat (AAA discussant), Liz Devos, Bill Elliott, Srinivasan Krishnamurthy, Stephannie Larocque, Rajesh Narayanan, Andrew Prevost Raghu Rau (editor), Keke Song (FMA discussant), and seminar participants at the University of New Mexico, the University of Texas at El Paso, AAA meetings, and FMA meetings for valuable comments. I would like to thank He Li, Shofiqur Rahman, and Jim Schneringer for providing excellent research assistance and Wendy Jennings for providing editing services. I gratefully acknowledge the contribution of Thomson Financial for providing earnings per share forecast data available through the Institutional Brokers Estimate System. This data have been provided as part of a broad academic program to encourage earnings expectations.
- Issue online: 4 JUN 2014
- Version of Record online: 26 DEC 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 19 JUL 2013 05:44AM EST
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!