Sheng-Syan Chen is a Professor in the Department of Finance at National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan. Keng-Yu Ho is an Associate Professor in the Department of Finance at National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan. Po-Hsin Ho is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Finance, National United University, Miaoli, Taiwan.
CEO Overconfidence and Long-Term Performance Following R&D Increases
Article first published online: 23 SEP 2013
© 2013 Financial Management Association International.
Volume 43, Issue 2, pages 245–269, Summer 2014
How to Cite
Chen, S.-S., Ho, K.-Y. and Ho, P.-H. (2014), CEO Overconfidence and Long-Term Performance Following R&D Increases. Financial Management, 43: 245–269. doi: 10.1111/fima.12035
We are grateful to Ulrike Malmendier for providing us with the CEO overconfidence data and William Christie, Marc Lipson (Editor), and especially an anonymous reviewer for constructive comments. The study has benefitted from comments from the conference participants at the 2010 NTU International Conference on Finance, the 6th International Conference on Asian Financial Markets, PKU/NTU Finance Conference, Macao International Symposium on Accounting and Finance, the 2012 EFA Meeting, the 2012 AsianFA Meeting, and the 2012 FMA Annual Meeting, as well as seminar participants at National Chengchi University, University of Reading, National Cheng Kung University, Chongqing University, and National Taiwan University.
- Issue published online: 4 JUN 2014
- Article first published online: 23 SEP 2013
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!