Rohit Sonika is a Lecturer/Assistant Professor at the ICMA Centre at the University of Reading in Reading, UK, and at the Xfi Centre for Finance and Investment at the University of Exeter in Exeter, UK from academic year 2014/15. Nicholas F. Carline is a Lecturer/Assistant Professor at the Birmingham Business School at the University of Birmingham in Birmingham, UK. Mark B. Shackleton is a Professor in the Department of Accounting and Finance at the Lancaster University in Lancaster, UK.
The Option and Decision to Repurchase Stock
Version of Record online: 23 MAY 2014
© 2014 Financial Management Association International.
Volume 43, Issue 4, pages 833–855, Winter 2014
How to Cite
Sonika, R., Carline, N. F. and Shackleton, M. B. (2014), The Option and Decision to Repurchase Stock. Financial Management, 43: 833–855. doi: 10.1111/fima.12054
We are especially grateful to an anonymous referee and Raghavendra Rau (Editor). The paper has also benefited from the comments and suggestions of Shantanu Banerjee, Bert D'Espallier, Paul Guest, Ranko Jelic, Aneel Keswani, Steven Young, and seminar participants at the Corporate Finance Day (Ghent), the Financial Management Association Annual Meeting (Atlanta), the Midwest Finance Association Annual Meeting (New Orleans), Cass Business School, Lancaster University, University of Birmingham, and University of Cambridge. Work on the paper was undertaken while the first author was a doctoral student at Lancaster University.
- Issue online: 18 NOV 2014
- Version of Record online: 23 MAY 2014
- Accepted manuscript online: 17 FEB 2014 09:17AM EST
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!