Sinan Gokkaya is an Assistant Professor of Finance in College of Business at Ohio University in Athens, OH. Michael J. Highfield, CFA, is an Associate Professor of Finance, the Robert W. Warren Chair of Real Estate Finance, and the Department Head of Finance and Economics in the College of Business at Mississippi State University in Mississippi State, MS.
Sales of Secondary Shares in SEOs: A Comparison across Top Managers, Other Insiders, and Outsiders
Article first published online: 23 JUL 2014
© 2014 Financial Management Association International.
Volume 43, Issue 4, pages 757–794, Winter 2014
How to Cite
Gokkaya, S. and Highfield, M. J. (2014), Sales of Secondary Shares in SEOs: A Comparison across Top Managers, Other Insiders, and Outsiders. Financial Management, 43: 757–794. doi: 10.1111/fima.12055
The authors are grateful to an anonymous referee for insightful comments that have greatly improved the paper. The authors also thank Daniel Bradley, Randy Campbell, Brandon Cline, Christian Farruggio, Andrew Fodor, Aaron Gilbert, Pankaj Jain, Wendy Jennings (Copy Editor), Wayne Kelly, Marc Lipson (Editor), Tom Miller, Greg Nagel, Andrew Prevost, Ken Roskelley, John Stowe, and seminar participants at Mississippi State University, Ohio University, the 2011 Southern Finance Association Annual Meeting, the 2012 Midwest Finance Association Annual Meeting, the 2012 FMA European Meeting, and 2012 FMA Annual Meeting for helpful comments and suggestions. This paper is derived, in part, from Gokkaya's Ph.D. dissertation at Mississippi State University. All errors remain the property of the authors.
- Issue published online: 18 NOV 2014
- Article first published online: 23 JUL 2014
- Accepted manuscript online: 1 MAR 2014 11:45PM EST
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!