We thank Ralph Walkling, Francie Ostrower, Elizabeth Boris, two anonymous referees and the Editor for helpful comments as well as seminar participants at Villanova University and Drexel University. We thank Luciana Costa, Won Yong Kim, Farhad Omeyr, and Jason Varghese for helpful research assistance. We also thank the Urban Institute for data. A good portion of the research was done while Harrison was a visiting scholar at The Urban Institute.
Boards, Executive Excess Compensation, and Shared Power: Evidence from Nonprofit Firms
Article first published online: 8 OCT 2013
© 2013 The Eastern Finance Association
Volume 48, Issue 4, pages 617–643, November 2013
How to Cite
Garner, J. L. and Harrison, T. D. (2013), Boards, Executive Excess Compensation, and Shared Power: Evidence from Nonprofit Firms. Financial Review, 48: 617–643. doi: 10.1111/fire.12018
- Issue published online: 8 OCT 2013
- Article first published online: 8 OCT 2013
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!