Authors' notes: We thank many colleagues for helpful comments on various versions of this project, including Matt Baum, Michelle Benson, Chris Butler, Dave Clark, Paul Diehl, Dennis Foster, Liz Gerber, Pat James, Kelly Kadera, Jim Morrow, Ben Fordham, Scott Wolford, several anonymous reviewers, and many others at Buffalo, Penn State and the 2009 EITM summer institute. Previous versions of this paper were presented at ISA 2007, Peace Science 2006 and 2007, and EITM 2009. Any remaining errors are our own.
Diversionary Incentives, Rally Effects, and Crisis Bargaining†
Article first published online: 2 OCT 2013
© 2013 International Studies Association
Foreign Policy Analysis
How to Cite
2013) Diversionary Incentives, Rally Effects, and Crisis Bargaining. Foreign Policy Analysis, doi: 10.1111/fpa.12025and . (
- Article first published online: 2 OCT 2013
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions and you will be able to log in to access content. Some users may also log in directly via OpenAthens.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!