Earlier versions of this paper were presented at the 2010 annual conference of the Peace Science Society and the 2013 annual conference of the Kentucky Political Science Association. The authors thank Howard S. Sanborn, IV, Michael Ward, the reviewers, and journal editor at FPA for their valuable comments. Replication data and appendices are available at http://www.uky.edu/~clthyn2/research.htm and http://www.jonathanmpowell.com/research.html.
Coup d’état or Coup d'Autocracy? How Coups Impact Democratization, 1950–2008†
Article first published online: 16 APR 2014
© 2014 International Studies Association
Foreign Policy Analysis
How to Cite
2014) Coup d’état or Coup d'Autocracy? How Coups Impact Democratization, 1950–2008. Foreign Policy Analysis, doi: 10.1111/fpa.12046and . (
- Article first published online: 16 APR 2014
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!