Brad R. Humphreys is an associate professor in the College of Business & Economics, West Virginia University, Morgantown, WV 26506, USA. His e-mail address is: email@example.com. Brian P. Soebbing is an assistant professor in the School of Kinesiology, Louisiana State University, 112 Huey P. Long Field House, Baton Rouge, LA 70803, USA. His e-mail address is: firstname.lastname@example.org. We acknowledge the financial support of the Alberta Gambling Research Institute for this research. Some results in this paper appear in Humphreys, B. R., Soebbing, B. P., Wynne, H., Turvey, J., and Lee, Y. S. (2011). University of Alberta SEIGA research team: Final report to the Alberta Gaming Research Institute on the socio-economic impact of gambling in Alberta. May 25, 2011. We thank Harold Wynne, Yang Seung Lee and John Turvey for their assistance and support, and acknowledge their contribution to the earlier report that informs this research.
Access to Legal Gambling and the Incidence of Crime: Evidence from Alberta
Article first published online: 12 DEC 2013
© 2013 Wiley Periodicals, Inc
Growth and Change
Special Issue: Casinos, Gambling and Economic Development. Guest Editor: Michael Wenz
Volume 45, Issue 1, pages 98–120, March 2014
How to Cite
Humphreys, B. R. and Soebbing, B. P. (2014), Access to Legal Gambling and the Incidence of Crime: Evidence from Alberta. Growth and Change, 45: 98–120. doi: 10.1111/grow.12034
- Issue published online: 3 MAR 2014
- Article first published online: 12 DEC 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: MAR 2013
- Manuscript Revised: DEC 2012
- Manuscript Received: MAY 2012
- Alberta Gambling Research Institute
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!