Conflict of Interest: Andrew M. Blumenfeld has received grants or honoraria from Allergan, Inc., Pfizer, Zogenix, Merck, OrthoMcNeil, MAP Pharmaceuticals, Forrest, GSK, and Posen. Lisa M. Bloudek is an employee of Allergan, Inc. Werner J. Becker has served on medical advisory boards for and received speaker's honoraria from Allergan, Inc., Merck, and Johnson & Johnson; and has performed clinical trials research for Allergan, Inc., Medtronic, Merck, and AGA Medical. Dawn C. Buse has received honoraria and/or research funding from Allergan, Inc., Endo Pharmaceuticals, Merck, Inc., MAP Pharmaceuticals, NuPathe, and Novartis. Sepideh F. Varon is an employee of Allergan, Inc. Gregory A. Maglinte was an employee of Allergan, Inc. Teresa K. Wilcox is an employee of United BioSource Corporation. Ariane K. Kawata is an employee of United BioSource Corporation. Richard B. Lipton holds stock options in eNeura Therapeutics (a company without commercial products); serves as consultant, advisory board member, or has received honoraria from: Allergan, Inc., American Headache Society, Autonomic Technologies, Boston Scientific, Bristol-Myers Squibb, CogniMed, CoLucid, Eli Lilly, Endo, eNeura Therapeutics, GlaxoSmithKline, MAP, Merck, Nautilus Neuroscience, Novartis, NuPathe, and Pfizer.
Patterns of Use and Reasons for Discontinuation of Prophylactic Medications for Episodic Migraine and Chronic Migraine: Results From the Second International Burden of Migraine Study (IBMS-II)
Article first published online: 4 MAR 2013
© 2013 American Headache Society
Headache: The Journal of Head and Face Pain
Volume 53, Issue 4, pages 644–655, April 2013
How to Cite
Blumenfeld, A. M., Bloudek, L. M., Becker, W. J., Buse, D. C., Varon, S. F., Maglinte, G. A., Wilcox, T. K., Kawata, A. K. and Lipton, R. B. (2013), Patterns of Use and Reasons for Discontinuation of Prophylactic Medications for Episodic Migraine and Chronic Migraine: Results From the Second International Burden of Migraine Study (IBMS-II). Headache: The Journal of Head and Face Pain, 53: 644–655. doi: 10.1111/head.12055
Financial Support: No NIH funding was provided for this manuscript or any work related to it.
All work performed at Allergan Inc.
- Issue published online: 4 APR 2013
- Article first published online: 4 MAR 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 4 JAN 2013 04:39AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 24 DEC 2012
- Allergan, Inc.
- MAP Pharmaceuticals
- Endo Pharmaceuticals
- Merck, Inc.
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions and you will be able to log in to access content. Some users may also log in directly via OpenAthens.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.