Conflict of Interest: B. Lee Peterlin: This study was funded by an investigator-initiated grant to Dr. Peterlin through GlaxoSmithKline (GSK). In the past 2 years, Dr. Peterlin has not served as a consultant or speaker with any pharmaceutical company. Dr. Peterlin receives salary support through a mentored patient-oriented career research award (K23 10896737) from the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke and is an associate editor at the journal, Headache; Gretchen Tietjen: Dr. Tietjen has received research support from GSK and has been on the advisory board of MAP Pharmaceuticals. Dr. Tietjen is an associate editor at the journal, Headache. She owns common stock in J&J and Stryker; Barbara A. Gower: No disclosures; Thomas A. Ward: Dr. Ward has received research grant support from GSK and is a consultant with Cowen and Co. Dr. Ward is the Editor-in-Chief of Headache; Stewart J. Tepper: Dr. Tepper has received research support (no personal compensation from ATI [active], Boston Scientific [active], BristolMyerSquibb [active], DepoMed [active], GSK [active], MAP [active], Merck [active], NuPathe [active], OptiNose [active], and Zogenix [active]). He has worked as a consultant for Allergan (active), ATI (active), GSK in the past, Helsinn in the past, MAP (active), Merck in the past, Nautilus (active), NuPathe (active), and Zogenix (active). He as served as a speaker for Allergan (active), ATI (active), GSK in the past, Merck in the past, Nautilus (active), and Zogenix (active). He has served as an adviser to Allergan (active), ATI (active), GSK in the past, Merck in the past, MAP (active), Nautilus (active), NuPathe (active), Pfizer (active), USWorldMeds (active), and Zogenix (active). He has stock options in ATI. He receives royalties from University of Mississippi Press, Peoples Publishing House of Peking, and Springer. Dr. Tepper is an associate editor at the journal, Headache, and Editor-in-Chief of Headache Currents; Linda W. White: No disclosures; Paul D. Dash: Dr. Dash has served as speaker for Teva Pharmaceuticals Industries; Edward R. Hammond: No disclosures; Jennifer Haythornthwaite: No disclosures.
Ictal Adiponectin Levels in Episodic Migraineurs: A Randomized Pilot Trial
Article first published online: 13 MAR 2013
© 2013 American Headache Society
Headache: The Journal of Head and Face Pain
Volume 53, Issue 3, pages 474–490, March 2013
How to Cite
Peterlin, B. L., Tietjen, G. E., Gower, B. A., Ward, T. N., Tepper, S. J., White, L. W., Dash, P. D., Hammond, E. R. and Haythornthwaite, J. A. (2013), Ictal Adiponectin Levels in Episodic Migraineurs: A Randomized Pilot Trial. Headache: The Journal of Head and Face Pain, 53: 474–490. doi: 10.1111/head.12071
Study Funding: Investigator-initiated grant to Dr. Peterlin through GlaxoSmithKline and an NINDS contract, K23-10896737.
Clinical Trials registration number: NCT01138150 (ClinicalTrials.gov).
- Issue published online: 13 MAR 2013
- Article first published online: 13 MAR 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 14 JAN 2013
- NINDS contract. Grant Number: K23-10896737
This article has been cited by:
- 2Interictal, circulating sphingolipids in women with episodic migraine: A case-control study, Neurology, 2015, 85, 14, 1214, , , , , , , , , , ,
- 3Reduced serum levels of adiponectin in tension-type headache, Clinical Neurology and Neurosurgery, 2015, 131, 82, , , ,
- 4Adiponectin and migraine: systematic review of clinical evidence, Neurological Sciences, 2014, 35, 8, 1167, , , , ,
- 5Increased serum levels of adiponectin in migraine, Journal of the Neurological Sciences, 2014, 342, 1-2, 186, , , ,
- 6Migraine and obesity: moving beyond BMI, Future Neurology, 2014, 9, 1, 37, ,