Financial Support: Research reported in this publication was supported by the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke of the National Institutes of Health under award number R01NS065257. The original study was funded by the National Headache Foundation through a grant from Ortho-McNeil Neurologics, Inc.
Rounding Behavior in the Reporting of Headache Frequency Complicates Headache Chronification Research
Article first published online: 30 MAY 2013
© 2013 American Headache Society
Headache: The Journal of Head and Face Pain
Volume 53, Issue 6, pages 908–919, June 2013
How to Cite
Houle, T. T., Turner, D. P., Houle, T. A., Smitherman, T. A., Martin, V., Penzien, D. B. and Lipton, R. B. (2013), Rounding Behavior in the Reporting of Headache Frequency Complicates Headache Chronification Research. Headache: The Journal of Head and Face Pain, 53: 908–919. doi: 10.1111/head.12126
Conflicts of Interest: Timothy T. Houle: Dr. Houle receives research support from GlaxoSmithKline and Merck; Dana P. Turner: Ms. Turner receives research support from Merck; Thomas A. Houle: Dr. Houle reports no conflicts of interest; Todd A. Smitherman: Dr. Smitherman receives research support from Merck; Vincent T. Martin: Dr. Martin is a consultant for Allergan, Merck, and Nautilus; a speaker for Allergan; and has received grants from GlaxoSmithKline and Endo Pharmaceuticals; Donald B. Penzien: Dr. Penzien receives research support from Merck; Richard B. Lipton: Dr. Richard B. Lipton receives research support from the NIH [PO1 AG03949 (Program Director), PO1AG027734 (Project Leader), RO1AG025119 (Investigator), RO1AG022374-06A2 (Investigator), RO1AG034119 (Investigator), RO1AG12101 (Investigator), K23AG030857 (Mentor), K23NS05140901A1 (Mentor), and K23NS47256 (Mentor)], the National Headache Foundation, and the Migraine Research Fund; serves on the editorial boards of Neurology and Cephalalgia and as senior advisor to Headache, has reviewed for the NIA and NINDS, holds stock options in eNeura Therapeutics (a company without commercial products); serves as consultant, advisory board member, or has received honoraria from: Allergan, American Headache Society, Autonomic Technologies, Boehringer-Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Boston Scientific, Bristol Myers Squibb, Cognimed, Colucid, Eli Lilly, eNeura Therapeutics, GlaxoSmithKline, MAP, Merck, Nautilus Neuroscience, Novartis, NuPathe, Vedanta, Zogenix.
- Issue published online: 30 MAY 2013
- Article first published online: 30 MAY 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 21 MAR 2013
- National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke of the National Institutes of Health. Grant Number: R01NS065257
- Ortho-McNeil Neurologics, Inc
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions and you will be able to log in to access content. Some users may also log in directly via OpenAthens.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.