Conflict of Interest: Dr. Messina, Dr. Carothers, Dr. Djupesland and Dr. Mahmoud are employees of OptiNose and own stock or stock options in OptiNose. Dr. Obaidi and Mr. Offman are employees of Celerion.
Improved Pharmacokinetics of Sumatriptan With Breath Powered™ Nasal Delivery of Sumatriptan Powder
Article first published online: 28 AUG 2013
© 2013 OptiNose AS. Headache published by Wiley on behalf of the American Headache Society.
This is an open access article under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs License, which permits use and distribution in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited, the use is non-commercial and no modifications or adaptations are made.
Headache: The Journal of Head and Face Pain
Volume 53, Issue 8, pages 1323–1333, September 2013
How to Cite
Obaidi, M., Offman, E., Messina, J., Carothers, J., Djupesland, P. G. and Mahmoud, R. A. (2013), Improved Pharmacokinetics of Sumatriptan With Breath Powered™ Nasal Delivery of Sumatriptan Powder. Headache: The Journal of Head and Face Pain, 53: 1323–1333. doi: 10.1111/head.12167
Financial Statement: This research was funded by OptiNose AS, Norway.
Clinical Trial Registration: This pharmacokinetic study was registered at ClinicalTrials.gov (NCT01507610).
- Issue published online: 10 SEP 2013
- Article first published online: 28 AUG 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 24 MAY 2013
- OptiNose AS, Norway
- 13Anatomy and physiology of the upper airway. Proc Am Thorac Soc. 2011;8:31-39., .
- 19U.S. Food and Drug Administration Guidance for Industry: Bioavailability and bioequivalence studies for orally administered drug products – General considerations. 2003. http://www.fda.gov/downloads/Drugs/GuidanceComplianceRegulatoryInformation/Guidances/ucm070124.pdf.
- 22U.S. Food and Drug Administration. Summary basis of approval for NDA 20-626. August 26, 1997. http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda/nda/97/020626_imitrex_toc.cfm.
- 23True nasopharyngeal absorption of zolmitriptan after administration via nasal spray in healthy volunteers. Am J Drug Deliv. 2005;3:133-140., , .
- 24IMS National Prescription Audit, May 2010–April 2011.
- 26Headache Classification Subcommittee of the International Headache Society. The international classification of headache disorders, 2nd edn. Cephalalgia. 2004;24(Suppl. 1):9-160.