Financial Support: American Headache Society. Supported in part by a research grant from the Investigator Initiated Studies Program of Merck & Co., Inc. The opinions expressed in this publication are those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of Merck & Co., Inc.
Identifying the Factors Underlying Discontinuation of Triptans
Article first published online: 3 SEP 2013
© 2013 American Headache Society
Headache: The Journal of Head and Face Pain
Volume 54, Issue 2, pages 278–289, February 2014
How to Cite
Wells, R. E., Markowitz, S. Y., Baron, E. P., Hentz, J. G., Kalidas, K., Mathew, P. G., Halker, R., Dodick, D. W. and Schwedt, T. J. (2014), Identifying the Factors Underlying Discontinuation of Triptans. Headache: The Journal of Head and Face Pain, 54: 278–289. doi: 10.1111/head.12198
Clinical Trial Registration: NCT00890357.
Conflicts of Interest: Todd Schwedt has received research funding from the National Institutes of Health (NIH), the National Headache Foundation, American Headache Society, and Merck Inc. He has participated as an investigator in clinical trials sponsored by Allergan, GSK, AGA Medical, and Optinose US Inc. He has consulted for Allergan, Merck, Pfizer, Zogenix, and MAP.
Joe Hentz has received research funding from Caridian BCT, The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, and the NIH.
Kavita Kalidas: Nautilus Neurosciences: speakers bureau; Allergan: speakers bureau.
Dr. Dodick – Consulting Fees/Honoraria: Within the past 4 years, Dr David W. Dodick serves on advisory boards, has consulted for, and received travel reimbursement from Allergan, Alder, Amgen, Pfizer, Merck, Coherex, Ferring, Neurocore, Neuralieve, Neuraxon, NuPathe Inc., MAP, SmithKlineBeecham, Boston Scientific, Medtronic, Inc., Nautilus, Eli Lilly & Company, Novartis, Colucid, GlaxoSmithKline, Autonomic Technologies Inc., MAP Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Zogenix, Inc., Impax Laboratories, Inc., Bristol Myers Squibb, Nevro Corporation, Arteaus, Ethicon – Johnson & Johnson.
Dr. Halker has no conflicts of interest.
Dr. Wells has no conflicts of interest.
Dr. Markowitz has no conflicts of interest.
Dr. Mathew has no conflicts of interest.
Dr. Baron has no conflicts of interest.
- Issue published online: 10 FEB 2014
- Article first published online: 3 SEP 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 26 JUN 2013
- American Headache Society
- Investigator Initiated Studies Program of Merck & Co., Inc.
- Caridian BCT
- Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
This article has been cited by:
- 1A novel intranasal breath-powered delivery system for sumatriptan: a review of technology and clinical application of the investigational product AVP-825 in the treatment of migraine, Expert Opinion on Drug Delivery, 2015, 1,
- 3Improving Medication Adherence in Migraine Treatment, Current Pain and Headache Reports, 2015, 19, 6, , , ,
- 5Prescription pain medications and chronic headache in Denmark: implications for preventing medication overuse, European Journal of Clinical Pharmacology, 2015, 71, 7, 851, , , ,