Financial Support: American Headache Society. Supported in part by a research grant from the Investigator Initiated Studies Program of Merck & Co., Inc. The opinions expressed in this publication are those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of Merck & Co., Inc.
Identifying the Factors Underlying Discontinuation of Triptans
Article first published online: 3 SEP 2013
© 2013 American Headache Society
Headache: The Journal of Head and Face Pain
Volume 54, Issue 2, pages 278–289, February 2014
How to Cite
Wells, R. E., Markowitz, S. Y., Baron, E. P., Hentz, J. G., Kalidas, K., Mathew, P. G., Halker, R., Dodick, D. W. and Schwedt, T. J. (2014), Identifying the Factors Underlying Discontinuation of Triptans. Headache: The Journal of Head and Face Pain, 54: 278–289. doi: 10.1111/head.12198
Clinical Trial Registration: NCT00890357.
Conflicts of Interest: Todd Schwedt has received research funding from the National Institutes of Health (NIH), the National Headache Foundation, American Headache Society, and Merck Inc. He has participated as an investigator in clinical trials sponsored by Allergan, GSK, AGA Medical, and Optinose US Inc. He has consulted for Allergan, Merck, Pfizer, Zogenix, and MAP.
Joe Hentz has received research funding from Caridian BCT, The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, and the NIH.
Kavita Kalidas: Nautilus Neurosciences: speakers bureau; Allergan: speakers bureau.
Dr. Dodick – Consulting Fees/Honoraria: Within the past 4 years, Dr David W. Dodick serves on advisory boards, has consulted for, and received travel reimbursement from Allergan, Alder, Amgen, Pfizer, Merck, Coherex, Ferring, Neurocore, Neuralieve, Neuraxon, NuPathe Inc., MAP, SmithKlineBeecham, Boston Scientific, Medtronic, Inc., Nautilus, Eli Lilly & Company, Novartis, Colucid, GlaxoSmithKline, Autonomic Technologies Inc., MAP Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Zogenix, Inc., Impax Laboratories, Inc., Bristol Myers Squibb, Nevro Corporation, Arteaus, Ethicon – Johnson & Johnson.
Dr. Halker has no conflicts of interest.
Dr. Wells has no conflicts of interest.
Dr. Markowitz has no conflicts of interest.
Dr. Mathew has no conflicts of interest.
Dr. Baron has no conflicts of interest.
- Issue published online: 10 FEB 2014
- Article first published online: 3 SEP 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 26 JUN 2013
- American Headache Society
- Investigator Initiated Studies Program of Merck & Co., Inc.
- Caridian BCT
- Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.