Conflict of Interest: We have no conflicts of interest relevant to this paper.
Views and Perspectives
Choosing Wisely in Headache Medicine: The American Headache Society's List of Five Things Physicians and Patients Should Question
Version of Record online: 29 OCT 2013
© 2013 American Headache Society
Headache: The Journal of Head and Face Pain
Volume 53, Issue 10, pages 1651–1659, November/December 2013
How to Cite
Loder, E., Weizenbaum, E., Frishberg, B., Silberstein, S. and American Headache Society Choosing Wisely Task Force (2013), Choosing Wisely in Headache Medicine: The American Headache Society's List of Five Things Physicians and Patients Should Question. Headache: The Journal of Head and Face Pain, 53: 1651–1659. doi: 10.1111/head.12233
Financial Support: No financial support.
Members of the American Headache Society Choosing Wisely Task Force: Elizabeth Loder, AHS President, Chair; Stephen Silberstein, Chair of the Guidelines and Position Statements Committee; Benjamin Frishberg; Randolph W. Evans; Scott Litin; Josif Stakic; Donald Dworek; Jessica Ailani.
- Issue online: 22 NOV 2013
- Version of Record online: 29 OCT 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 6 SEP 2013
- 1Choosing Wisely. Available at: http://www.choosingwisely.org/ Accessed September 2, 2013.
- 3Doctors unveil Choosing Wisely campaign to cut unnecessary medical tests. Available at: http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504763_162-57409204-10391704/doctors-unveil-choosing-wisely-campaign-to-cut-unnecessary-medical-tests/ Accessed September 2, 2013.
- 6Health Quality Ontario. Neuroimaging for the evaluation of chronic headaches: An evidence-based analysis. Ont Health Technol Assess Ser. 2010;10:1-57.
- 7International classification of headache disorders. Available at: http://www.ihs-headache.org/upload/ct_clas/ihc_II_main_no_print.pdf Accessed September 2, 2013.
- 11American College of Radiology. Five things patients and physicians should question. Available at: http://www.choosingwisely.org/doctor-patient-lists/american-college-of-radiology/ Accessed September 2, 2013.
- 20American Headache Society urges caution in using any surgical intervention in migraine treatment. Position Statement of the American Headache Society. http://www.americanheadachesociety.org/american_headache_society_urges_caution_in_using_any_surgical_intervention_in_migraine_treatment/ Accessed January 11, 2013.