For a complete list of members of the CARE Group, see the Author Contributions at the end of this article.
The CARE Guidelines: Consensus-Based Clinical Case Reporting Guideline Development
Version of Record online: 22 NOV 2013
© 2013 Gagnier et al.; licensee Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
This is an Open Access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/3.0/), and is reproduced with permission from Global Advances in Health and Medicine – Global Adv Health Med. 2013;2(5):38-43.
Headache: The Journal of Head and Face Pain
Volume 53, Issue 10, pages 1541–1547, November/December 2013
How to Cite
Gagnier, J. J., Kienle, G., Altman, D. G., Moher, D., Sox, H., Riley, D. and CARE Group (2013), The CARE Guidelines: Consensus-Based Clinical Case Reporting Guideline Development. Headache: The Journal of Head and Face Pain, 53: 1541–1547. doi: 10.1111/head.12246
Disclosures: The authors completed the ICMJE Form for Disclosure of Potential Conflicts of Interest, and none were disclosed.
Conflict of Interest: There are no conflicts of interest to report.
- Issue online: 22 NOV 2013
- Version of Record online: 22 NOV 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 16 SEP 2013
- Department of Orthopedic Surgery
- Office of the Vice-President of Research at the University of Michigan
- Global Advances in Health and Medicine®
- 2Thalidomide: An unanticipated adverse effect. JLL Bulletin: Commentaries on the history of treatment evaluation. http://www.jameslindlibrary.org/illustrating/articles/thalidomide-an-unanticipated-adverse-effect. Accessed January 10, 2013..
- 4Clinical Case Reporting in Evidence-Based Medicine, 2nd edn. New York: Oxford University Press; 2001..
- 5Case reports in the era of clinical trials. Global Adv Health Med. 2013;2:10-11..
- 6“Case reports” search results. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=case+reports. Bethesda, MD; PubMed, US National Library of Medicine; 2013. Accessed June 10, 2013.
- 8Single cases in general practice and general medical journals. Aust Fam Physician. 2002;31:669-673..
- 22Journal of Medical Case Reports. http://www.jmedicalcasereports.com/. Accessed June 17, 2013.
- 23Cases Database. http://www.casesdatabase.com/. Accessed June 17, 2013.