Sponsorship: The American Migraine Prevalence and Prevention Study is funded through a research grant to the National Headache Foundation from McNeil-Janssen Scientific Affairs LLC, Raritan, NJ. The AMPP Study database was donated by McNeil-Janssen Scientific Affairs LLC to the National Headache Foundation for use in various projects. Additional analyses were supported by a grant from Allergan, Inc., Irvine, CA, to the National Headache Foundation.
Improving the Classification of Migraine Subtypes: An Empirical Approach Based on Factor Mixture Models in the American Migraine Prevalence and Prevention (AMPP) Study
Version of Record online: 17 APR 2014
© 2014 American Headache Society
Headache: The Journal of Head and Face Pain
Volume 54, Issue 5, pages 830–849, May 2014
How to Cite
Lipton, R. B., Serrano, D., Pavlovic, J. M., Manack, A. N., Reed, M. L., Turkel, C. C. and Buse, D. C. (2014), Improving the Classification of Migraine Subtypes: An Empirical Approach Based on Factor Mixture Models in the American Migraine Prevalence and Prevention (AMPP) Study. Headache: The Journal of Head and Face Pain, 54: 830–849. doi: 10.1111/head.12332
Contributorship: Dr. Lipton and Dr. Serrano contributed equally to the manuscript.
Conflict of Interest: Richard B. Lipton, MD, has received research support from the NIH (PO1 AG03949 [Program Director], PO1AG027734 [Project Leader], RO1AG025119 [Investigator], RO1AG022374-06A2 [Investigator], RO1AG034119 [Investigator], RO1AG12101 [Investigator], the National Headache Foundation, and the Migraine Research Fund; serves on the editorial board of Neurology and as Senior Advisor to Headache; has reviewed for the NIA and NINDS; holds stock options in eNeura Therapeutics; and serves as Consultant, Advisory Board member, and has received honoraria from Allergan, American Headache Society, Autonomic Technologies, Boston Scientific, Bristol Myers Squibb, Cognimed, Colucid, Eli Lilly, Endo, eNeura Therapeutics, Merck, Nautilus Neuroscience, Novartis, NuPathe, Pfizer, and Zogenix.
Daniel Serrano, PhD, has provided statistical and consulting support to Allergan, CoLucid, MAP Pharmaceuticals, Merck, NuPathe, Novartis, GlaxoSmithKline, ENDO Pharmaceuticals, and Ortho-McNeil Neurologics, and the National Headache Foundation.
Jelena Pavlovic, MD, PhD, has received honoraria from the American Headache Society.
Aubrey N. Manack, PhD, is a full-time employee of Allergan Pharmaceuticals, Irvine, CA.
Michael L. Reed, PhD, has received grant support and honoraria from Allergan Pharmaceuticals, Endo Pharmaceuticals, GlaxoSmithKline, MAP Pharmaceuticals, Merck & Co., Inc., NuPathe, Novartis, Ortho-McNeil, Zogenix, and the National Headache Foundation.
Catherine Turkel, PhD, is a full-time employee of Allergan Pharmaceuticals, Irvine, CA.
Dawn C. Buse, PhD, has received grant support to her institution from Allergan Pharmaceuticals, Endo Pharmaceuticals, GlaxoSmithKline, MAP Pharmaceuticals, Merck & Co., Inc., NuPathe, Novartis, Ortho-McNeil, Zogenix, the American Headache Society, and the National Headache Foundation, and honoraria from Allergan Pharmaceuticals, MAP Pharmaceuticals, Merck & Co., Inc., NuPathe, Novartis, Zogenix, and the American Headache Society.
- Issue online: 2 MAY 2014
- Version of Record online: 17 APR 2014
- Accepted manuscript online: 16 FEB 2014 11:08PM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 27 JAN 2014
- McNeil-Janssen Scientific Affairs LLC
- Allergan, Inc.
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.