F.H.M has received an educational grant from Allergan to attend the 1st International Headache Academy meeting. He further received compensation for lectures by Menarini and for serving on the advisory board for Electrocore.
2014 Wolff Award Paper
The Relation Between Migraine, Typical Migraine Aura and “Visual Snow”
Article first published online: 9 MAY 2014
© 2014 American Headache Society
Headache: The Journal of Head and Face Pain
Volume 54, Issue 6, pages 957–966, June 2014
How to Cite
Schankin, C. J., Maniyar, F. H., Sprenger, T., Chou, D. E., Eller, M. and Goadsby, P. J. (2014), The Relation Between Migraine, Typical Migraine Aura and “Visual Snow”. Headache: The Journal of Head and Face Pain, 54: 957–966. doi: 10.1111/head.12378
T.S. has received no personal compensation. His employer, the University Hospital Basel, has received compensation for his serving on scientific advisory boards or speaking fees for Actelion, ATI, Allergan, Biogen Idec, Genzyme, Jansen, Mitsubishi Pharma Europe, Novartis, and Teva. None of these related to the current work.
D.C. – None.
M.E. – None.
P.J.G. is on Advisory Boards for Allergan, Colucid, MAP Pharmaceuticals, Merck, Sharpe and Dohme, eNeura, Autonomic Technologies Inc, Electrocore, Eli-Lilly, Medtronic, Arteaus, AlderBio, and BristolMyerSquibb. He has consulted for Pfizer, Impax, Zosano, and Dr. Reddy, and has been compensated for expert legal testimony. He has grant support from Allergan, Amgen, MAP, and MSD. He has received honoraria for editorial work from Journal Watch Neurology and for developing educational materials and teaching for the American Headache Society.
Conflict of Interest: C.J.S. has received an educational grant from Allergan to attend the 1st International Headache Academy meeting.
The study was supported by Eye on Vision Foundation (http://www.eyeonvision.org/).
C.J.S. was supported by the German Research Foundation (SCHA 1676/1-1).
- Issue published online: 10 JUN 2014
- Article first published online: 9 MAY 2014
- Manuscript Accepted: 11 APR 2014
- Eye on Vision Foundation
- German Research Foundation. Grant Number: 1676/1-1
Vol. 55, Issue 4, 592, Article first published online: 17 APR 2015
- 6Headache Classification Committee of The International Headache Society. The International Classification of Headache Disorders: 2nd edition. Cephalalgia. 2004;24(Suppl. 1):9-160.
- 9Interictal metabolic changes in episodic migraine: A voxel-based FDG-PET study. Cephalalgia. 2010;30:53-61., , , , , .
- 10Field-testing the criteria for visual snow (positive persistent visual disturbance). Headache. 2012;52:898., , .
- 11Visual snow: A new disease entity distinct from migraine aura. Neurology. 2012;78:S36. 006., , , , .
- 13Hypothalamic activation in spontaneous migraine attacks. Headache. 2007;47:1418-1426., , , , .
- 17Patterns of cerebral integration indicated by the scotoma of migraine. Arch Neurol Psychiatry. 1941;42:259-264..