Development of a fragile X syndrome (FXS) knowledge scale: towards a modified multidimensional measure of informed choice for FXS population carrier screening
Article first published online: 15 OCT 2012
© 2012 John Wiley & Sons Ltd
Volume 18, Issue 1, pages 69–80, February 2015
Total views since publication: 291
How to Cite
Ames, A. G., Jaques, A., Ukoumunne, O. C., Archibald, A. D., Duncan, R. E., Emery, J. and Metcalfe, S. A. (2015), Development of a fragile X syndrome (FXS) knowledge scale: towards a modified multidimensional measure of informed choice for FXS population carrier screening. Health Expectations, 18: 69–80. doi: 10.1111/hex.12009
- Issue published online: 13 JAN 2015
- Article first published online: 15 OCT 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 6 SEP 2012
- Australian Postgraduate Award
- Murdoch Childrens Research Institute and Victorian Government's Operational Infrastructure Support Programme
- NHRMC Public Health Training Fellowship
- 2Decisional conflict (Specify). In: McFarland GK, McFarlane EA (eds) Nursing Diagnosis & Intervention: Planning for Patient Care, 2nd edn. St. Louis, Missouri: Mosby Inc, 1993: 468–478., .
- 3Principles of Biomedical Ethics, 3rd edn. New York, NY: Oxford University Press, 1989., .
- 13Antenatal screening for haemoglobinopathies in primary care: a cohort study and cluster randomised trial to inform a simulation model. The Screening for Haemoglobinopathies in First Trimester (SHIFT) trial. Health Technology Assessment, 2010; 14: 1–160., , et al.
- 20World Health Organisation. Proposed International Guidelines on Ethical Issues in Medical Genetics and Genetic Services. Geneva: World Health Organisation, 1998.
- 24Are pregnant Australian women well informed about prenatal genetic screening? A systematic investigation using the multidimensional measure of informed choice [see comment]. Australian & New Zealand Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology, 2006; 46: 433–439., , .
- 26Use of a decision aid for prenatal testing of fetal abnormalities to improve women's informed decision making: a cluster randomised controlled trial ISRCTN22532458. BJOG: An International Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, 2008; 115: 339–347., , et al.
- 44Health Measurement Scales: A Practical Guide to Their Development and Use, 2nd edn. Oxford; New York: Oxford University Press, 1995., .
- 45Making Sense of Factor Analysis: The Use of Factor Analysis for Instrument Development in Health Care Research. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications Inc, 2003; 3–5: 141–143., , .
- 46StataCorp LP. Stata Statistical Software. College Station. 12.0 ed. Texas: StataCorp LP, 2011.