Quality of life and attitudes to ageing in Turkish older adults at old people's homes
Version of Record online: 12 DEC 2012
© 2012 John Wiley & Sons Ltd
Volume 18, Issue 2, pages 288–300, April 2015
How to Cite
Top, M. and Dikmetaş, E. (2015), Quality of life and attitudes to ageing in Turkish older adults at old people's homes. Health Expectations, 18: 288–300. doi: 10.1111/hex.12032
- Issue online: 24 MAR 2015
- Version of Record online: 12 DEC 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 2 NOV 2012
- 1United Nations. World Population Ageing: 1950–2050. Department of Economic and Social Affairs, Population Division. New York: United Nations Publications, 2001.
- 2US Census Bureau. International Population Reports WP/02, Global Population Profile: 2002. Washington, DC: U.S. Government Printing Office, 2004.
- 3United Nations. World Population Prospects: The 2002 Revision. New York: United Nations Population Division, 2003.
- 4WHO. Ageing and Health Programme – Growing Older. Geneve: Staying Well (WHO/HPR/AHE/98.2), 1998.
- 10Lay perceptions of successful ageing: findings from a national survey of middle aged and older adults in Britain. European Journal of Ageing, 2006; 3: 123–36..
- 15Turkish State Planning Organization. The Situation of Elderly People in Turkey and National Plan of Action on Ageing. Ankara, Turkey, 2007, Available at: http://ekutup.dpt.gov.tr/nufus/yaslilik/eylempla-i.pdf, accessed 10 October 2012.
- 19WHO. WHOQOL-OLD Manual. Copenhagen: WHO European Office, 2006.
- 21Psychometric properties of the Turkish version (AYTA-Tr) of The Who-Europe Attitudes of Aging (EAAQ) Questionnaire. Turkish Journal of Geriatrics, 2011; 14: 101–110., , et al.
- 24Multivariate Data Analysis. Upper Saddle River, NJ: Prentice Hall, 1998., , , .
- 28Older people in Sweden with various degrees of present quality of life: their health, social support, everyday activities and sense of coherence. Health and Social Care in the Community, 2006; 14: 136–146., , et al.
- 35Understanding quality of life in older adults (Unpublished Master of Science Dissertation). Texas, USA: University of North Texas, 2010..
- 38What older people say. In: Mollenkopf H, Walker A (eds) Quality of Life in Old Age. New York: Springer Publication, 2007: 15–30..
- 40World Health Organization. Active ageing: a policy framework, 2002. Available at: http://whqlibdoc.who.int/hq/2002/WHO_NMH_ NPH_02.8.pdf, accessed 10 December 2010.
- 41Perspectives on old age in Turkey. Eubios Journal of Asian and International Bioethics, 1998; 8: 143–145., .