Values and risks of second opinion in Japan's universal health-care system
Version of Record online: 14 FEB 2013
© 2013 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
Volume 18, Issue 5, pages 826–838, October 2015
How to Cite
Okamoto, S., Kawahara, K., Okawa, A. and Tanaka, Y. (2015), Values and risks of second opinion in Japan's universal health-care system. Health Expectations, 18: 826–838. doi: 10.1111/hex.12055
- Issue online: 25 SEP 2015
- Version of Record online: 14 FEB 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 21 JAN 2013
- 5Improving the 21st-century health care system. In: Committee on Quality of Health Care in America, Institute of Medicine (ed.) Crossing the Quality Chasm: A New Health System for the 21st Century. Tenth printing. Washington, DC: National Academy Press, 2010: 39–60.
- 9Doctors Talking with Patients/Patients Talking with Doctors. Westport, CT: Praeger, 2006., .
- 10Japan Ministry of Health, Labor, and Welfare. Notice: revision of calculation for health care reimbursements. No. 0306012 March 6, 2006.
- 11The impact of Confucianism on interpersonal relationships and communication patterns in East Asia. In: Samovar LA, Porter RE (eds) Intercultural Communication. Belmont, CA: Wadsworth, 2000: 63–73..
- 12The communicative aspects of doing business in Japan. In: Samovar LA, Porter RE (eds) Intercultural Communication. Belmont, CA: Wadsworth, 2000: 213–324., .
- 13The “five Asian dragons”: management behaviors and organizational communication. In: Samovar LA, Porter RE (eds) Intercultural Communication. Belmont, CA: Wadsworth, 2000: 301–312., .
- 15United States Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services. Getting a second opinion before surgery. CMS Product No. 02173, revised June 2010.
- 16Tokyo Medical and Dental University Hospital, the Second Opinion Clinic instruction. Retrieved from the hospital's Web site at http://www.tmd.ac.jp/medhospital/2nd/index.html, accessed 28 January 2011.
- 17Japan Ministry of Health, Labor, and Welfare. Act 20th—designated healthcare checkup.
- 18Japan Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications, Statistics Bureau, Director-General for Policy Planning (Statistical Standards) & Statistical Research and Training Institute. Statistics Today No.32 (S. Okamoto, Trans.). Retrieved at http://www.stat.go.jp/info/today/032.htm, accessed 25 March 2011.
- 31Interpersonal and intergroup communication in Japan and the United States. In: Gudykunst WB (ed.) Communication in Japan and the United States. Albany, NY: State University of New York Press, 1993: 149–214..