These data were presented in part at the 2nd International Workshop on HIV and Aging, Baltimore, MD, October 2011 and the 13th International Workshop on Clinical Pharmacology of HIV Therapy, Barcelona, Spain, April 2012.
Pharmacokinetics of two common antiretroviral regimens in older HIV-infected patients: a pilot study†
Version of Record online: 24 FEB 2013
© 2013 British HIV Association
Volume 14, Issue 7, pages 401–409, August 2013
How to Cite
Dumond, J., Adams, J., Prince, H., Kendrick, R., Wang, R., Jennings, S., Malone, S., White, N., Sykes, C., Corbett, A., Patterson, K., Forrest, A. and Kashuba, A. (2013), Pharmacokinetics of two common antiretroviral regimens in older HIV-infected patients: a pilot study. HIV Medicine, 14: 401–409. doi: 10.1111/hiv.12017
- Issue online: 1 JUL 2013
- Version of Record online: 24 FEB 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 18 DEC 2012
- Society of Infectious Diseases Pharmacists Young Investigator Award (JBD)
- UNC Center for AIDS Research. Grant Number: 5P30AI050410-13
- NC TraCS Institute. Grant Number: UL1RR025747
- NIH/NIAID. Grant Numbers: K23AI093156-JBD, K23AI077355-KBP
- 2Centers for Disease Control and P. HIV/AIDS Surveillance Report, 2009. 2011.
- 4Older Age and the Response to and Tolerability of Antiretroviral Therapy. 2007. 684–691., , , , , .
- 14Pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic characteristics of emtricitabine support its once daily dosing for the treatment of HIV infection. 2004. 1173–1182., , , , , .
- 19US DHHS FaC. Guidance for industry: bioanalytical method validation. US Department of Health and Human Services, Food and Drug Administration, Center for Drug Evaluation and Research, Center for Veterinary Medicine, 2001. Available at www.fda.gov/downloads/Drugs/GuidanceComplianceRegulatoryInformation/Guidances/UCM070107.pdf (accessed 10 May 2012).
- 22Bristol-Myers Squibb Company. Sustiva (efavirenz) full U.S. prescribing information. Princeton, NJ. 2009.
- 25Panel on antiretroviral guidelines for adults and adolescents, in Guidelines for the use of antiretroviral agents in HIV-1-infected adults and adolescents. Department of Health and Human Services, 2012. Available at http://aidsinfo.nih.gov/ContentFiles/AdultandAdolescentGL.pdf (accessed 10 May 2012).
- 29Pharmacological evaluation of new antiretroviral drugs in the elderly HIV-1 infected people. 11th International Workshop on Clinical Pharmacology and HIV Therapy; April 7–9, 2010; Sorrento, Italy. 2010., , .
- 30Bristol-Myers Squibb Company. Reyataz (atazanavir) Full U.S. Prescribing Information. Princeton, NJ. 2009.
- 37Earlier occurrence of the frailty phenotype in HIV+ men than in HIV– men: the MACS cohort. 18th Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections. Boston, MA, February 2011 [Abstract #794]., , et al.
- 38The association of age and frailty with paracetamol conjugation in man. 1990. p. 419–424., , , , , .
- 39The association of age and frailty with the pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of metoclopramide. Age Ageing 1993; v22 (n5): p354(6)., , , , , .
- 42Project HaAC. Recommended treatment strategies for clinicians managing older patients with HIV. Available at www.aahivm.org/hivandagingforum2011 (accessed 1 July 2012).