Pharmacokinetic interaction between etravirine or darunavir/ritonavir and artemether/lumefantrine in healthy volunteers: a two-panel, two-way, two-period, randomized trial
Version of Record online: 26 FEB 2013
© 2013 British HIV Association
Volume 14, Issue 7, pages 421–429, August 2013
How to Cite
Kakuda, T., DeMasi, R., van Delft, Y. and Mohammed, P. (2013), Pharmacokinetic interaction between etravirine or darunavir/ritonavir and artemether/lumefantrine in healthy volunteers: a two-panel, two-way, two-period, randomized trial. HIV Medicine, 14: 421–429. doi: 10.1111/hiv.12019
- Issue online: 1 JUL 2013
- Version of Record online: 26 FEB 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 7 JAN 2013
- Janssen EMEA Medical Affairs, Beerse, Belgium
- 1UNAIDS. UNAIDS Data Tables 2011. Available at www.unaids.org/en/media/unaids/contentassets/documents/unaidspublication/2011/JC2225_UNAIDS_datatables_en.pdf (accessed 1 February 2012).
- 3World Health Organization guidelines for the treatment of malaria, 2nd edn. Available at www.who.int/malaria/publications/atoz/9789241547925/en/index.html (accessed 18 April 2012).
- 4Artemether-lumefantrine combination therapy for treatment of uncomplicated malaria: the potential for complex interactions with antiretroviral drugs in HIV-infected individuals. Malaria Research and Treatment 2011, Article ID 703730 (5 pages)., , , , , .
- 6Novartis Ltd. Riamet 20/120mg tablets. Summary of Product Characteristics. Available at www.medicines.org.uk/emc/medicine/9196/SPC/ (accessed 28 September 2012).
- 7Update on the efficacy, effectiveness and safety of artemether-lumefantrine combination therapy for treatment of uncomplicated malaria. Ther Clin Risk Manag 2009; 5: 1–10., , , , , .
- 8European AIDS Clinical Society (EACS). Guidelines for the clinical management of HIV infected adults in Europe. October 2011. Available at www.europeanaidsclinicalsociety.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=59&Itemid=41 (accessed 17 October 2011).
- 9The Department for Health and Human Services (DHHS). DHHS guidelinesPanel on Antiretroviral Guidelines for Adults and Adolescents. Guidelnes for the use of antiretroviral agents in HIV-1-infected adults and adolescents. Department of Health and Human Services. March 2012. Available at http://aidsinfo.nih.gov/guidelines/html/1/adult-and-adolescent-treatment-guidelines/37/whats-new-in-the-guidelines- (accessed 5 April 2012).
- 10Medecins Sans Frontieres Access Campaign. Medecins Sans Frontieres Access Campaign: untangling the web of antiretroviral price reductions. 14th edn. July 2011. Available at http://utw.msfaccess.org/ (accessed 1 February 2012).
- 19Cardiac conduction safety during coadministration of artemether-lumefantrine and lopinavir/ritonavir in HIV-infected Ugandan adults. Chemother Res Pract. 2011; 2011: 393976., , et al.