This work was presented in part at (1) the first Italian Conference on AIDS and Retroviruses, Milan, Italy, 24–26 May 2009 [Infection 2009; 37 (SII): 22]; (2) the 12th European AIDS Conference, Cologne, Germany, 11–14 November 2009 [HIV Medicine 2009; 10 (Suppl. 2): PE3.4/10]; (3) the 6th International AIDS Society Conference on HIV Pathogenesis, Treatment and Prevention, Rome, Italy, 17–20 July 2011 (Abstract CDB343).
Drug-resistance development differs between HIV-1-infected patients failing first-line antiretroviral therapy containing nonnucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors with and without thymidine analogues†
Version of Record online: 13 MAY 2013
© 2013 British HIV Association
Volume 14, Issue 9, pages 571–577, October 2013
How to Cite
Santoro, M., Sabin, C., Forbici, F., Bansi, L., Dunn, D., Fearnhill, E., Boumis, E., Nicastri, E., Antinori, A., Palamara, G., Callegaro, A., Francisci, D., Zoncada, A., Maggiolo, F., Zazzi, M., Perno, C., Ceccherini-Silberstein, F. and Mussini, C. (2013), Drug-resistance development differs between HIV-1-infected patients failing first-line antiretroviral therapy containing nonnucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors with and without thymidine analogues. HIV Medicine, 14: 571–577. doi: 10.1111/hiv.12044
- Issue online: 4 SEP 2013
- Version of Record online: 13 MAY 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 19 MAR 2013
- European Commission Framework 7 Programme
- European AIDS Treatment Network
- Italian Ministry of Health. Grant Number: 40H78
- AVIRALIA foundation
- VI AIDS Research Program of the Ministry of Health. Grant Number: 30G.58
- 2for the Terry Beirn Community Programs for Clinical Research on AIDS (CPCRA). The incidence of HIV drug resistance and its impact on progression of HIV disease among antiretroviral-naive participants started on three different antiretroviral therapy strategies. HIV Clin Trials 2007; 8: 357–370., , , , , ,
- 4Antiretroviral Treatment of Adult HIV Infection. Recommendations of the International AIDS Society USA Panel. JAMA 2010; 304: 321–333.
- 5European AIDS Clinical Society Guidelines (EACS). Guidelines for the Clinical Management and Treatment of HIV infected adults in Europe; Version 6, 2011.
- 6Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) Panel on Antiretroviral Guidelines for Adults and Adolescents. Guidelines for the use of antiretroviral agents in HIV-1-infected adults and adolescents (DHHS). 2012. Available at www.aidsinfo.nih.gov/ContentFiles/AdultandAdolescentGL.pdf.
- 7World Health Organization. Antiretroviral therapy for HIV infection in adults and adolescents: recommendations for a public health approach. 2010 rev World Health Organization. 2010.
- 11Pattern of drug resistant mutations among Nigerian patients on PEPFAR NRTI – NNRTI regimens. 19th Conference on Retrovirueses and Opportunistic Infections. Seattle, 2012 [Paper 738]., , et al.
- 152011 update of the drug resistance mutations in HIV-1 [Review]. Top HIV Med 2011; 19: 156–164., , et al.
- 19HIV-1 Non-subtype B Workgroup. The HIV-1 Non-subtype B Workgroup: an international collaboration for the collection and analysis of HIV-1 non-subtype B data. MedGenMed 2005; 7: 71., , ,