Omega-3 fatty acid therapy reduces triglycerides and interleukin-6 in hypertriglyeridemic HIV patients
Version of Record online: 19 MAY 2013
© 2013 British HIV Association
Volume 14, Issue 9, pages 530–539, October 2013
How to Cite
Metkus, T., Timpone, J., Leaf, D., Goetz, M. B., Harris, W. and Brown, T. (2013), Omega-3 fatty acid therapy reduces triglycerides and interleukin-6 in hypertriglyeridemic HIV patients. HIV Medicine, 14: 530–539. doi: 10.1111/hiv.12046
- Issue online: 4 SEP 2013
- Version of Record online: 19 MAY 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 17 MAR 2013
- GlaxoSmithKline. Grant Number: NIH (NCCAM) K23AT002862
- Johns Hopkins Bayview Advanced Chemistry Laboratory. Grant Number: NIH ICTR 5UL1RR025005
- 22The omega-3 index: clinical utility for therapeutic intervention. Curr Cardiol Rep 2010; 12: 503–508..
- 29Associations of inflammatory markers with AIDS and non-AIDS clinical events after initiation of antiretroviral therapy (ART): AIDS Clinical Trials Group A5224s, a substudy of ACTG A5202. XIX International AIDS Conference. Washington, DC, July 2012 [Abstract THLBB06]., , et al.
- 36Effect of fish oil (n-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids) on plasma lipids, lipoproteins and inflammatory markers in HIV-infected patients treated with antiretroviral therapy: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study. Scand J Infect Dis 2009; 41: 760–766., , et al.
- 37A pilot study of the impart of switch of fosamprenavir and addition of LOVAZA for treatment of hypertriglyceridemia in HIV-infected sujects on antiretroviral therapy. Program of the 13th International Workshop on Adverse Drug Reactions and Co-Morbidities in HIV. 2011, Rome., , .
- 39for MEDICLAS Study Group. Changes in Bone Biomarkers in ARV-naïve HIV+ Men Randomized to NVP/LPV/r or AZT/3TC/LPV/r Help Explain Limited Loss of Bone Mineral Density over the First 12 Months after ART Initiation. 18th Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections. Boston, MA, February 2011 [Abstract #833]., , et al.
- 41A review of omega-3 ethyl esters for cardiovascular prevention and treatment of increased blood triglyceride levels. Vasc Health Risk Manag 2006; 2: 251–262..