HIV treatment as prevention among men who have sex with men in the UK: is transmission controlled by universal access to HIV treatment and care?
Article first published online: 28 JUL 2013
© 2013 British HIV Association
Volume 14, Issue 9, pages 563–570, October 2013
How to Cite
Brown, A., Gill, O. and Delpech, V. (2013), HIV treatment as prevention among men who have sex with men in the UK: is transmission controlled by universal access to HIV treatment and care?. HIV Medicine, 14: 563–570. doi: 10.1111/hiv.12066
- Issue published online: 4 SEP 2013
- Article first published online: 28 JUL 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 18 JUN 2013
- 10Health Protection Agency. Sexually transmitted infections in men who have sex with men in the UK: 2011 Report. November 2011. Available at www.hpa.org.uk/webc/HPAwebFile/HPAweb_C/1317131685989 (accessed 17 July 2013).
- 11Health Protection Agency. HIV in the United Kingdom: 2011 Report. London: Health Protection Services, Colindale. November 2011. Available at www.hpa.org.uk/Publications/InfectiousDiseases/HIVAndSTIs/1211HIVintheUK2012/ (accessed 17 July 2013).
- 12Loss to follow up among adults attending Human Immunodeficiency virus services in England, Wales and Northern Ireland. Sex Transm Dis 2011; 38: 685–690., , , .
- 13Auditing national HIV guidelines and policies: the United Kingdom CD4 surveillance scheme. Open Aids J 2012; 6: 149–155., , , , .
- 14United States treatment guidelines 2008. Available at http://aidsinfo.nih.gov/contentfiles/AdultandAdolescentGL001561.pdf (accessed 17 July 2013).
- 16United States treatment guidelines 2009. Available at http://aidsinfo.nih.gov/contentfiles/AdultandAdolescentGL001226.pdf (accessed 17 July 2013).
- 17British HIV Association guidelines under consultation. Available at www.bhiva.org/documents/Guidelines/Treatment%20Guidelines/2012/formatted__ART_guidelines_04022012_v3_IW.pdf (accessed 17 July 2013).
- 18Available at www.who.int/hiv/pub/guidelines/arv2013/short_summary/en/index.html (accessed 17 July 2013).
- 24MPES method on the HPA website. Available at www.hpa.org.uk/web/HPAweb&HPAwebStandard/HPAweb_C/1201767906472 (accessed 17 July 2013).
- 26Unlinked Anonymous survey of STI clinic attendees on the HPA website. Available at www.hpa.org.uk/webc/%20HPAwebFile/HPAweb_C/1287145034423 (accessed 17 July 2013).
- 27Behaviors of recently HIV-infected men who have sex with men in the year post-diagnosis: effects of drug use and partner types. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 2011; 56: 176–182., , , , , , .
- 342012-13 audit of patients with diagnosed HIV infection apparently not in care. 19th Annual Conference of the British HIV Association. Manchester Central Convention Complex, April 2013. Available at http://bhiva.org/NationalAuditReports.aspx..