Presented in part at the 19th International AIDS Conference, 22–27 July 2012, Washington, DC, USA.
Linkage to care following community-based mobile HIV testing compared with clinic-based testing in Umlazi Township, Durban, South Africa†
Version of Record online: 19 NOV 2013
© 2013 British HIV Association
Volume 15, Issue 6, pages 367–372, July 2014
How to Cite
Bassett, I., Regan, S., Luthuli, P., Mbonambi, H., Bearnot, B., Pendleton, A., Robine, M., Mukuvisi, D., Thulare, H., Walensky, R., Freedberg, K., Losina, E. and Mhlongo, B. (2014), Linkage to care following community-based mobile HIV testing compared with clinic-based testing in Umlazi Township, Durban, South Africa. HIV Medicine, 15: 367–372. doi: 10.1111/hiv.12115
- Issue online: 10 JUN 2014
- Version of Record online: 19 NOV 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 16 OCT 2013
- AIDS Healthcare Foundation
- National Institutes of Health. Grant Numbers: R01 MH090326, R01 AI058736
- R01 MH073445
- Harvard Center for AIDS Research. Grant Number: P30 AI060354
- 1Republic of South Africa Department of Health. Global AIDS response progress report 2012. Available at: http://www.unaids.org/en/dataanalysis/knowyourresponse/countryprogressreports/2012countries/ce_ZA_Narrative_Report.pdf (accessed 30 May 2013).
- 4Earlier HIV diagnosis – are mobile services the answer? S Afr Med J 2010; 100: 671–674., , , .
- 5South Africa: national HIV testing campaign disappoints. IRIN humanitarian news and analysis. 2010. Available at: http://www.irinnews.org/Report/90410/SOUTH-AFRICA-National-HIV-testing-campaign-disappoints (accessed 19 October 2012).
- 6KA Economic Development Consulting CC. Umlazi local economic development plan 2008. Available at: http://www.durban.gov.za/Documents/Invest_Durban/Economic%20Development/5.pdf (accessed 5 June 2013).
- 7First steps in HIV: how people get to know about mobile outreach testing HIV testing events – a review of self reported data from Umlazi, KwaZulu-Natal Province, South Africa. 19th International AIDS Conference. Washington, DC, USA, July 2012 [Abstract TUPE743]., , et al.
- 8South Africa National Department of Health. Clinical guidelines for the management of HIV & AIDS in adults and adolescents, 2010. Available at: http://www.fidssa.co.za/Guidelines/2010_Adult_ART_Guidelines.pdf (accessed 2 June 2013).
- 9WHO, UNAIDS, and UNICEF. Global HIV/AIDS Response. Epidemic update and health sector progress towards Universal Access. Progress report 2011. Available at: http://www.unaids.org/en/media/unaids/contentassets/documents/unaidspublication/2011/20111130_UA_Report_en.pdf (accessed 4 June 2013).