Submission to Crossing Borders Special Issue
Does Poverty Wear a Woman's Face? Some Moral Dimensions of a Transnational Feminist Research Project
Article first published online: 10 JAN 2013
© by Hypatia, Inc.
Special Issue: Crossing Borders Special Issue
Volume 28, Issue 2, pages 240–256, Spring 2013
How to Cite
Jaggar, A. M. (2013), Does Poverty Wear a Woman's Face? Some Moral Dimensions of a Transnational Feminist Research Project. Hypatia, 28: 240–256. doi: 10.1111/hypa.12022
- Issue published online: 12 APR 2013
- Article first published online: 10 JAN 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 13 AUG 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 13 AUG 2012
- Manuscript Received: 9 JAN 2012
- 2010. Acute multidimensional poverty: A new index for developing countries. OPHI Working Paper 38. http://www.ophi.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/ophi-wp38.pdf (accessed November 2, 2012). , and .
- 1972. The tyranny of structurelessness. The Second Wave 2 (1). .
- 2010. The feminization of poverty: The case of Moldova. Talk at Oslo, Litteraturhuset, June 15. .
- 1956. Essentially contested concepts. Proceedings of the Aristotelian Society 56: 167–98. .
- 2010. Are women really 70% of the world's poor? How do we know? From poverty to power. http://www.oxfamblogs.org/fp2p/?p = 1797 (accessed November 2, 2012). .
- 2010. Assessing poverty, gender and well-being in ‘northern’ indigenous communities. In International Handbook on Gender and Poverty, ed. Sylvia Chant. Cheltenham, UK: Edward Elgar Publishing. .
- 2011. Adaptive preferences and women's empowerment, Oxford: Oxford University Press. .
- 2000. Women and human development: The capabilities approach. Cambridge, UK, and New York: Cambridge University Press. .
- 2003. Poverty, well-being, and gender: What counts, who's heard? Philosophy and Public Affairs 31 (3): 280–316. .
- 2005/2010. How not to count the poor. In Debates on the measurement of global poverty, ed. Sudhir Anand, Paul Segal and Joseph Stiglitz. Oxford: Oxford University Press. First published online at www.socialanalysis.org. , and .
- 2010. Politics as usual. Cambridge, UK, and Malden, Mass.: Polity Press. .
- 2009. Dollar a day. The World Bank Economic Review 23 (2): 163–84. , , and .
- 1776/1904. An inquiry into the nature and causes of the wealth of nations, ed. Edwin Cannan. London: Methuen and Co., Ltd. .
- 2011. Measuring global poverty: Toward a pro-poor approach. Basingstoke, UK, and New York: Palgrave Macmillan. .
- 2010. How poor is ‘poor’? Towards a rights-based poverty line. http://www.neweconomics.org/publications/how-poor-is-poor (accessed November 2, 2012). .