Naïve migrants and the use of magnetic cues: temporal fluctuations in the geomagnetic field differentially affect male and female Ruff Philomachus pugnax during their first migration
Article first published online: 23 JUN 2014
© 2014 British Ornithologists' Union
Volume 156, Issue 4, pages 864–869, October 2014
How to Cite
Rakhimberdiev, E., Karagicheva, J., Jaatinen, K., Winkler, D. W., Phillips, J. B., Piersma, T. (2014), Naïve migrants and the use of magnetic cues: temporal fluctuations in the geomagnetic field differentially affect male and female Ruff Philomachus pugnax during their first migration. Ibis, 156: 864–869. doi: 10.1111/ibi.12172
- Issue published online: 9 SEP 2014
- Article first published online: 23 JUN 2014
- Manuscript Accepted: 23 MAY 2014
- Manuscript Received: 3 SEP 2013
- Academy of Finland. Grant Number: 128039
- Waldemar von Frenkells Stiftelse
- Swedish Cultural Foundation
- US NSF. Grant Numbers: DEB-0717021, OISE-0730180, DBI-0963969, IDR-1014891
- Global Flyway Network
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!