We thank Jesús Crespo-Cuaresma, Miguel León-Ledesma, Daniel Oto-Peralías, Carlos Usabiaga, Simon Wren-Lewis, and participants at the 2012 American Economic Association Annual Meeting held in Chicago (January 2012) for comments. We are particularly indebted to the editor and three referees of this journal for valuable comments that led to a substantial improvement of the article. Diego Romero-Ávila would like to dedicate this article to the memory of Prof. Vicente Blanes for his encouragement and support. Diego Romero-Ávila acknowledges financial support from the Spanish Ministry of Science and Technology through grant ECO2009-13357 and from the Andalusian Council of Innovation and Science under Excellence Project SEJ-4546. Please address correspondence to: Diego Romero-Ávila, Departamento de Economía, Métodos Cuantitativos e Historia Económica, Universidad Pablo de Olavide, Carretera de Utrera, Km. 1, Sevilla, Spain. Phone: +34 954348381. Fax: +34 954349339. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
FINANCIAL DEVELOPMENT AND THE SOURCES OF GROWTH AND CONVERGENCE*
Version of Record online: 17 APR 2013
© (2013) by the Economics Department of the University of Pennsylvania and the Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association
International Economic Review
Volume 54, Issue 2, pages 629–663, May 2013
How to Cite
Badunenko, O. and Romero-Ávila, D. (2013), FINANCIAL DEVELOPMENT AND THE SOURCES OF GROWTH AND CONVERGENCE. International Economic Review, 54: 629–663. doi: 10.1111/iere.12009
Manuscript received June 2011; revised November 2011.
- Issue online: 17 APR 2013
- Version of Record online: 17 APR 2013
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!