We thank Ian Crawford for generously providing us with the data of the Encuesta Continua de Presupuestos Familiares (ECPF), which we use in our empirical study. We are grateful to Laurens Cherchye, the editor Hanming Fang, and two anonymous referees for helpful comments and suggestions, which substantially improved the article. We also like to thank the participants at the 10th journées Louis–André Gérard–Varet at Marseilles (2011) and the SED Annual Meeting at Ghent (2011) for useful discussion. Thomas Demuynck gratefully acknowledges the Fund for Scientific Research Flanders (FWO–Vlaanderen) for his postdoctoral fellowship. Ewout Verriest gratefully acknowledges the Fund for Scientific Research Flanders (FWO–Vlaanderen) for financial support. Please address correspondence to: Ewout Verriest, Department of Faculty of Business & Economics, University of Leuven, Desk C712 - E. Sabbelaan 53, Kortrijk, West-Vlaanderen 8500, Belgium (BE). E-mail: email@example.com
I’LL NEVER FORGET MY FIRST CIGARETTE: A REVEALED PREFERENCE ANALYSIS OF THE “HABITS AS DURABLES” MODEL†
Article first published online: 17 APR 2013
© (2013) by the Economics Department of the University of Pennsylvania and the Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association
International Economic Review
Volume 54, Issue 2, pages 717–738, May 2013
How to Cite
Demuynck, T. and Verriest, E. (2013), I’LL NEVER FORGET MY FIRST CIGARETTE: A REVEALED PREFERENCE ANALYSIS OF THE “HABITS AS DURABLES” MODEL. International Economic Review, 54: 717–738. doi: 10.1111/iere.12012
Manuscript received December 2011; revised March 2012.
- Issue published online: 17 APR 2013
- Article first published online: 17 APR 2013
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
If your institution is a registered Wiley Online Library customer, you can log in under your institution's name to see our content. This access is provided by Shibboleth or Athens.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!