Disclosures The author is a paid consultant on community pharmacy matters for a number of pharmaceutical companies, including Reckitt Benckiser.
Article first published online: 19 NOV 2012
© 2012 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
International Journal of Clinical Practice
Special Issue: 50 Years of Ibuprofen
Volume 67, Issue Supplement s178, pages 43–46, January 2013
How to Cite
Maguire, T. A. (2013), Ibuprofen: a model medicine for self-care of common conditions. International Journal of Clinical Practice, 67: 43–46. doi: 10.1111/ijcp.12052
- Issue published online: 19 NOV 2012
- Article first published online: 19 NOV 2012
- Paper received 4 September 2012, accepted 21 September 2012
- 1Association of the European Self-Medication Industry [Internet]. Self-care A winning solution. Available from: http://www.aesgp.eu/media/reports/NiceConferenceReport.pdf (accessed June 2012).
- 2Department of Health, England [Internet]. Self care – a real choice: self care support – a practical option. Available from: http://www.dh.gov.uk/en/Publicationsandstatistics/Publications/PublicationsPolicyAndGuidance/DH_4100717 (accessed January 2005).
- 3BMRB International [Internet]. Every Day Healthcare 2. Available from: http://www.pagb.co.uk/publications/pdfs/BMRBstudy1997.pdf (June 1997).
- 4Deloitte Centre for Health Solutions [Internet]. Primary care: Today and tomorrow. Improving general practice by working differently. Available from: http://www.deloitte.com/assets/Dcom-UnitedKingdom/Local%20Assets/Documents/Research/Centre%20for%20health%20solutions/uk-chs-primarycare.pdf (accessed October 2012).
- 6Proprietary Association of Great Britain (PAGB). Annual review 2008..
- 7Self care for minor ailments: A survey of consumer and healthcare professional beliefs and behaviour. Self Care 2010; 1: 1–13..
- 8Realising the Promise – Community Pharmacy in the New NHS. London: The School of Pharmacy, University of London, 2002., .
- 9Letter to the Editor. Consumer Research Pharm J 1991; Dec 21/28: 798..
- 10Symptoms in the Pharmacy. London: Pharmaceutical Press, 1989..
- 11Take pains over OTC analgesics advice. Chem Drug 1990; 74–77..
- 12Non-Prescription Drugs, 2nd edn. Oxford: Blackwell Scientific Publications, 1990..
- 13Single dose oral ibuprofen for acute postoperative pain in adults. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2009; 3: CD001548., , , .