Disclosures Dr. Grandy is an employee and stockholder of AstraZeneca LP. Dr. Fox received research funds from AstraZeneca LP. Ms. Bazata serves on an advisory board for AstraZeneca LP.
Health-related quality of life association with weight change in type 2 diabetes mellitus: perception vs. reality
Version of Record online: 11 APR 2013
© 2013 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
International Journal of Clinical Practice
Volume 67, Issue 5, pages 455–461, May 2013
How to Cite
Grandy, S., Fox, K. M., Bazata, D. D. and for the SHIELD Study Group (2013), Health-related quality of life association with weight change in type 2 diabetes mellitus: perception vs. reality. International Journal of Clinical Practice, 67: 455–461. doi: 10.1111/ijcp.12093
- Issue online: 11 APR 2013
- Version of Record online: 11 APR 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 12 NOV 2012
- Manuscript Received: 10 AUG 2012
- 8American Diabetes Association. Diabetes Statistics. http://www.diabetes.org/diabetes-basics/diabetes-statistics. (accessed April 2012).
- 9International Diabetes Federation. Diabetes Atlas. http://www.diabetesatlas.org (accessed April 2012).
- 11Centers for Disease Control. Prevalence of overweight and obesity among adults with diagnosed diabetes. http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/mm5345a2.htm (accessed March 2012).
- 12Weight loss of 3% or more in a 12-month period is associated with glycaemic control in newly treated type 2 diabetes patients in the usual care setting. Diabetologia 2011; 54 (Suppl. 1): S331 (abstract 861)., , , , .
- 14for the SHIELD Investigators’ Group. The relationship of body mass index to diabetes mellitus, hypertension and dyslipidaemia: comparison of data from two national surveys. Int J Clin Pract 2007; 61: 737–47., , ,
- 15Prevalence of self-reported diagnosis of diabetes mellitus and associated risk factors in a national survey in the US population: SHIELD (Study to Help Improve Early evaluation and management of risk factors Leading to Diabetes). BMC Public Health 2007; 7: 277., , et al.
- 16US Census Bureau. Annual Supplement to the Current Population Survey: Census Bureau Resident Population Estimates of the United States. Washington, DC: US Census Bureau, 2003.
- 18Validity of height and weight self-report in Mexican adults: results from the national health and aging study. J Nutr Health Aging 2004; 8: 355–61., , .