Pregabalin is increasingly prescribed for neuropathic pain, generalised anxiety disorder and epilepsy but many patients discontinue treatment
Article first published online: 1 JUL 2013
© 2013 John Wiley & Sons Ltd
International Journal of Clinical Practice
Volume 68, Issue 1, pages 104–110, January 2014
How to Cite
Wettermark, B., Brandt, L., Kieler, H. and Bodén, R. (2014), Pregabalin is increasingly prescribed for neuropathic pain, generalised anxiety disorder and epilepsy but many patients discontinue treatment. International Journal of Clinical Practice, 68: 104–110. doi: 10.1111/ijcp.12182
The study was funded by Pfizer Inc. The authors independently wrote the manuscript and declare no other relationships or activities that could appear to have influenced the submitted work.
- Issue published online: 17 DEC 2013
- Article first published online: 1 JUL 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 4 APR 2013
- Manuscript Received: 6 MAR 2013
- 2European Medicines Agency (EMA). Lyrica: EPAR - Product Information. http://www.ema.europa.eu/docs/en_GB/document_library/EPAR_-_Product_Information/human/000546/WC500046602.pdf [accessed March 2013].
- 7FDA Approves First Drug for Treating Fibromyalgia (Press release). U.S. Food and Drug Administration. June 2007. http://www.fda.gov/NewsEvents/Newsroom/PressAnnouncements/2007/ucm108936.htm [assessed March 2013]
- 8Socialstyrelsen. Läkemedel – statistik för år 2009. (National Drug statistics for Sweden 2009). Published March 2010.
- 11Statistics Sweden. www.scb.se [accessed March 2013]
- 18UK Department of Health (2010). Extent and Causes of International Variations in Drug Usage: a Report for the Secretary of State for Health. London: COI. Available from: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/extent-and-causes-of-international-variations-in-drug-usage [assessed April 2013].
- 25Lyrica kvarstår i högkostnadsskyddet med begränsning. (Reimbursement review for Lyrica, in Swedish). Swedish Dental and Pharmaceutical Benefits Board. Stockholm 2012. http://www.tlv.se/lyrica (assessed March 2013)
- 30The Doctor-Patient Encounter: an Observational Study of Communication and Outcome [dissertation]. Ann Arbor: University of Wisconsin, 1974..