Disclosures FAS: Has no financial interests to report; has served on a Data Safety Monitoring Committee for Pfizer for which the University of Kentucky received reimbursement (< $4,000). JS: Currently receives royalties from the original SIB on which this reduced scale is based; Has been paid as a consultant to Eisai Inc./Pfizer Inc. SHF: Has served as a paid scientific consultant to Pfizer related to donepezil and to several investigational compounds ( < $10,000 per year; there was no payment for participation in this article). His institution has received grant/contract support from Pfizer for the conduct of clinical trials for dementia and to support educational programmes. He has also served as a scientific consultant to other companies marketing, developing or contributing to the development of drugs for cognition, including Accera, Baxter, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Eisai, Elan, Eli Lilly, Janssen AI, MedAvante, Merck, Merz, Neuronix, Novartis, Takeda and United Biosource; and his institution has received grant/contract support for clinical trials from Baxter, Bristol Myers-Squibb, Eisai, Eli Lilly, Janssen AI, Merck and Roche. He also has stock options from Accera, Intellect Neurosciences, MedAvante, and Neuronix, and stock from Lexicon. JM: Employee of Pfizer Inc. YS: Former employee of Eisai Inc.
Evaluation of an 8-item Severe Impairment Battery (SIB-8) vs. the full SIB in moderate to severe Alzheimer's disease patients participating in a donepezil study
Article first published online: 20 SEP 2013
© 2013 John Wiley & Sons Ltd
International Journal of Clinical Practice
Volume 67, Issue 10, pages 1050–1056, October 2013
How to Cite
Schmitt, F. A., Saxton, J., Ferris, S. H., Mackell, J. and Sun, Y. (2013), Evaluation of an 8-item Severe Impairment Battery (SIB-8) vs. the full SIB in moderate to severe Alzheimer's disease patients participating in a donepezil study. International Journal of Clinical Practice, 67: 1050–1056. doi: 10.1111/ijcp.12188
- Issue published online: 20 SEP 2013
- Article first published online: 20 SEP 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 10 APR 2013
- Manuscript Received: 28 FEB 2012
- Pfizer Inc.
- Eisai Inc.
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.