A Buddhist-based meditation practice for care and healing: An introduction and its application
Article first published online: 26 APR 2013
© 2013 Wiley Publishing Asia Pty Ltd
International Journal of Nursing Practice
Special Issue: The Journal of Nursing & Human Sciences (JNHS) Special Themed Issue: Healing Practices and Healthcare. Guest Editor: Perri J Bomar. Wiley has published this supplement with financial support from Chiba University Graduate School of Nursing, Japan
Volume 19, Issue Supplement S2, pages 15–23, April 2013
How to Cite
International Journal of Nursing Practice 2013; 19 (Suppl. 2): 15–23 A Buddhist-based meditation practice for care and healing: An introduction and its application, , .
- Issue published online: 26 APR 2013
- Article first published online: 26 APR 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 12 FEB 2013
- 1Taiwa suru sei to shi. Tokyo, Japan: Ushiode shuppan, 2003 (in Japanese)..
- 2Keisatsu-cho (The National Police Agency). The latest trend of suicide rate. 2012. Available from URL: http://www.jiji.com/jc/v?p=ve_soc_tyosa-jikenjisatsu. Accessed 10 November 2012.
- 3Kea to taijin-enjo ni ikasu meiso-ryoho. Tokyo, Japan: Igakushoin, 2010 (in Japanese)..
- 4Meiso ryoho ni yoru spiritual care. In: Tanida N , Oshita D , Ito T (eds). Taiwa communication kara manabu spiritual care. Tokyo, Japan: Shindan to chiryo sha, 2011; 160–169 (in Japanese)..
- 5World Health Organization. Ottawa Charter for Health Promotion, 1983. 36th World Health Assembly, 2–16 May.
- 9Spiritual Care: Nursing Theory, Research, and Practice. Upper Saddle River, NJ, USA: Prentice Hall, 2002..
- 10The Wounded Storyteller. Chicago, IL, USA: The University of Chicago Press, 1955..
- 11Narratives of spirituality and religion in end-of-life care. In: Hurwitz B , Greenhalgh T , Skultans V (eds). Narrative Research in Health and Illness. Malden, MA, USA: Blackwell Publishing, 2004; 132–145..
- 12Spiritual Care Assessment Summary Sheet-1. Wakayama-shi, Japan: Wakayama kenritsu ika daigaku, 2007 (in Japanese)., .
- 13Shukyo to spiritual care. In: Tanida N , Oshita D , Ito T (eds). Taiwa communication kara manabu spiritual care. Tokyo, Japan: Shindan to chiryo sha, 2011; 12–21 (in Japanese)..
- 14Iyashi iyasareru spiritual care. Tokyo, Japan: Igakushoin, 2005 (in Japanese)..
- 15Nihon bunka-teki spiritual care. Kango Shindan 2012; 17: 54–59 (in Japanese)..
- 16Kosetsu bukkyo-go dai-jiten. Tokyo, Japan: Tokyo shoseki, 2001 (in Japanese)..
- 17Wataru Hiromatsu (ed.). Tetsugaku siso jiten (title). 1st ed. Tokyo, Japan: Iwanami shoten, 1998. Japanese. Apraxia; p. 577.
- 18Yoshiaki Nakajima et al. (eds.). Shinrigaku Jiten (title). 10th ed. Tokyo, Japan: Yuhikaku, 2005. Japanese. Apraxia; p. 417.
- 19Kawade F , Imanishi J (eds). Meiso-katsudo iryo jujisha no tameno hokan daitai ryoho. Tokyo, Japan: Kinhodo, 2003 (in Japanese).
- 21Mind-body medicine: state of science, implications for practice. Journal of the American Board of Family Practice 2003; 16: 131–147., , , .
- 29Meditation. In: Moyers B (ed.). Healing and the Mind. New York, NY, USA: Doubleday, 1993; 115–143..
- 30Effectiveness of a meditation-based stress reduction program in the treatment of anxiety disorders. American Journal of Psychiatry 1992; 149: 936–943., , et al.
- 31Mindfulness meditation: what is, what it isn't, and its role in health care and medicine. In: Haruki Y , Ishii Y , Suzuki M (eds). Comparative and Psychological Study on Meditation. Delft, The Netherlands: Eburon, 1996; 161–170..
- 34Healing. In: Moyers B (ed.). Healing and the Mind. New York, NY, USA: Doubleday, 1993; 323–341..
- 35Use of alternative health care practitioners by Canadians. Canadian Journal of Public Health 1997; 88: 154–158..
- 37Intercessory prayer for the alleviation of ill health (Review). 2011. Available from URL: www.update-software.com/BCP/WileyPDF/EN/CD000368.pdf. Accessed 6 March 2013., , , .
- 39Faith and healing: can prayer, faith and spirituality really improve your physical health? A growing and surprising body of scientific evidence says they can. Time 1996; 147: 147–158..
- 41Review of controlled research on the Transcendental Meditation program and cardiovascular disease. Cardiological Review 2004; 12: 262–266., , .
- 47The Neurophysiology of Enlightenment. Kodama K, trans. Tokyo, Japan: Nikkei science sha, 1991 (in Japanese)..
- 48Medicine, Religion, and Health: Where Science and Spirituality Meet. Sugioka Y, trans. Tokyo, Japan: Igakushoin, 2009 (in Japanese)..
- 49Meditation: the future of medication? 2000. Available from URL: http://www.rcpsych.ac.uk/pdf/Avdesh%20Sharma%20Meditation%20as%20medication2.pdf. Accessed 10 November 2012..
- 51Koho Kawauchi. Available from URL: http://www.kawauchimura.jp/kouhou/. Accessed 10 November 2012.
- 52The salutogenic model which is a new viewpoint of health and the SOC which is a concept of ability for health maintenance. Quality Nursing 1999; 5: 825–832 (in Japanese)..
- 53Examination of the reliability and factor validity of 13-item five-point version Sense of Coherence Scale. Minzoku Eisei 2005; 71: 168–182., .
- 54The structure of perceived aspects of self. Japanese Journal of Educational Psychology 1982; 30: 64–68 (in Japanese)., , .
- 55Development of the Japanese version of the Purpose in Life scale and an investigation of its factors. Shouroubyoushi No Koudou Kagaku 2008; 13: 45–52 (in Japanese)..