Knowledge expectations of surgical orthopaedic patients: A European survey
Article first published online: 11 OCT 2013
© 2013 Wiley Publishing Asia Pty Ltd
International Journal of Nursing Practice
Volume 20, Issue 6, pages 597–607, December 2014
How to Cite
Valkeapää, K., Klemetti, S., Cabrera, E., Cano, S., Charalambous, A., Copanitsanou, P., Ingadottir, B., Istomina, N., Johansson Stark, Å., Katajisto, J., Lemonidou, C., Papastavrou, E., Sigurdardottir, A. K., Sourtzi, P., Unosson, M., Zabalegui, A. and Leino-Kilpi, H. (2014), Knowledge expectations of surgical orthopaedic patients: A European survey. International Journal of Nursing Practice, 20: 597–607. doi: 10.1111/ijn.12189
This study was financially supported by
Finland: University of Turku; The Academy of Finland; The Finnish Association of Nursing Research; The Finnish Foundation of Nursing Education
Cyprus: The Cyprus University of Technology
Spain: Colegio Oficial de Enfermeria de Barcelona
Sweden: The Swedish Rheumatism Association and the County Council of Östergötland
Iceland: The Landspitali University Hospital Research Fund; The Akureyri Hospital Science Fund; The University of Akureyri Science Fund; the KEA fund, Akureyri; The Icelandic Nurses' Association Science Fund
Conflict of Interest
No conflict of interest has been declared by the authors.
KV, HL-K were responsible for the study conception and design. KV, PC, ÅJS, AC, EP, BI, SC, AKS, NI performed the data collection and JK the data analysis. KV and SK were responsible for the drafting of the manuscript. Translation of the questionnaire and obtaining ethical permissions for the data collection in their own country was performed by KV, PC, MU, ÅJS, AC, EP, BI, AKS, EC, AZ, NI and cultural adaptation by PS, CL, AC, EP, BI, AKS, MU,ÅJS, EC, AZ. All authors have made their critical revisions and approved the final version.
- Issue published online: 22 DEC 2014
- Article first published online: 11 OCT 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: APR 2013
- University of Turku
- The Academy of Finland
- The Finnish Association of Nursing Research
- The Finnish Foundation of Nursing Education
- The Cyprus University of Technology
- Colegio Oficial de Enfermeria de Barcelona
- The Swedish Rheumatism Association
- County Council of Östergötland
- The Landspitali University Hospital Research Fund
- The Akureyri Hospital Science Fund
- The University of Akureyri Science Fund
- KEA fund, Akureyri
- The Icelandic Nurses' Association Science Fund
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.