[Correction added on 09 January 2015, after first online publication: Second affiliation of the author has been updated.].
Knowledge, attitudes and competence in nursing practice of typhoon disaster relief work among Chinese nurses: A questionnaire survey
Article first published online: 13 NOV 2013
© 2013 Wiley Publishing Asia Pty Ltd
International Journal of Nursing Practice
Volume 21, Issue 1, pages 60–69, February 2015
How to Cite
Jiang, L., He, H.-G., Zhou, W.-G., Shi, S.-H., Yin, T.-T. and Kong, Y. (2015), Knowledge, attitudes and competence in nursing practice of typhoon disaster relief work among Chinese nurses: A questionnaire survey. International Journal of Nursing Practice, 21: 60–69. doi: 10.1111/ijn.12214
- Issue published online: 13 JAN 2015
- Article first published online: 13 NOV 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: MAY 2013
- Nanjing Military Region, China
- 1[The typhoon disaster and defense of the new situation.] Disaster Reduction in China 2000; 10: 43–45 (article in Chinese)..
- 2[Development of typhoon driven wave nowcasting model in Southeast China Sea.] Engineering Science 2011; 9: 2–6 (article in Chinese)., , .
- 7Emergency nurses and disaster response: An exploration of South Australian emergency nurses' knowledge and perceptions of their roles in disaster response. Australasian Emergency Nursing Journal 2011; 14: 87–94., , .
- 8Disaster education and training of emergency nurses in South Australia. Australasian Emergency Nursing Journal 2009; 12: 86–92..
- 9[Fighting with ‘cloud nuo typhoon’ and rescuing the wounded.] Tianjin Journal of Nursing 2004; 12: 249–250 (article in Chinese)., .
- 11Nursing in sudden-onset disasters: factors and information that affect participation. Prehospital and Disaster Medicine 2003; 18: 359–365., , .
- 12Nurses' experiences of responding to calls for emergency service and working during Hurricane Ike (Doctoral dissertation). Galveston, TX, USA: University of Texas Medical Branch, 2010..
- 13Perceived ability to practice in disaster management among public health nurses in Aceh, Indonesia. Nursing Media Journal of Nursing 2011; 1: 169–186., , .
- 15[Research of disaster response capabilities and its influencing factors of community nurses in Chongqing municipality.] Journal of Nursing Administration 2010; 10: 698–699 (article in Chinese)., , , , .
- 17[Health Education.] Beijing, China: People's Health Publishing House, 2004; 59–61 (book in Chinese)..
- 18Measurement in Nursing and Health Research, 3rd edn. New York: Springer Publishing Company, 2005; 393–396., , .
- 19[Validation of the Chinese version of the Self-Directed Learning Questionnaire.] Chinese Journal of Nursing 2011; 46: 1211–1213 (article in Chinese)., .
- 20Nursing Research: Principles and Methods, 6th edn. Philadelphia, PA, USA: Lippincott, 1999., .
- 22[Survey of status quo of nurses' cognition level and attitudes to disaster nursing.] Chinese Nursing Research 2011; 25: 3028–3030 (article in Chinese)., , , .
- 25[Investigation and analysis of the status quo and demands of on the job training of nursing staff.] Chinese Nursing Research 2010; 24: 1623–1624 (article in Chinese)., , .
- 30Emergency training, education, and perceived clinical skills for tsunami care among nurses in Banda Aceh, Indonesia. Nurse Media Journal of Nursing 2011; 1: 75–86., , .
- 31Investigation on disaster response capacity of community nurses and the influencing factors. Journal of Nursing Science 2011; 26: 10–12., , .
- 32[Role of disaster nursing in emergency medical rescue.] China Journal of Emergency Resuscitation and Disaster Medicine 2006; 1: 338–340 (article in Chinese)., , , .