Women's decision satisfaction and psychological distress following early breast cancer treatment: a treatment decision support role for nurses
Article first published online: 28 FEB 2014
© 2014 Wiley Publishing Asia Pty Ltd
International Journal of Nursing Practice
Volume 20, Issue 1, pages 8–16, February 2014
How to Cite
Budden, L. M., Hayes, B. A. and Buettner, P. G. (2014), Women's decision satisfaction and psychological distress following early breast cancer treatment: a treatment decision support role for nurses. International Journal of Nursing Practice, 20: 8–16. doi: 10.1111/ijn.12243
- Issue published online: 28 FEB 2014
- Article first published online: 28 FEB 2014
- Manuscript Accepted: JUL 2013
- James Cook University, Australia
- 5The identification of psychological distress in women with breast cancer. Sydney: National Breast Cancer Centre, 2004..
- 10Decisional conflict. In: McFarland GK , McFarland EA (eds). Nursing Diagnosis and Intervention: Planning for Patient Care, 2nd edn. St Louis, MO, USA: Mosby, 1993; 468–478..
- 13Decision aids for people facing health treatment or screening decisions. 2003. Available from URL: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12804407. Accessed 4 January 2013..
- 14National Breast Cancer Centre. Clinical practice guidelines for the management for early breast cancer, 2nd edn. Canberra: Commonwealth of Australia, 2001.
- 19National Health and Medical Research Council. Clinical practice guidelines: Management of the early breast cancer. Canberra: Commonwealth of Australia, 2001.
- 20Treatment Decision Satisfaction Questionnaire. In: Budden LM , (ed). Women's Decision Styles and Decision Satisfaction Related to their Choice for Early Breast Cancer: Implications For A Decision Support Role for Nurses Thesis. Townsville: James Cook University, 2008; 1–307., .
- 21BSI 18- Brief Symptom Inventory 18: Administration, scoring, and procedures manual. Minneapolis: National Computer Systems Incorporated, 2000..
- 22Women's participation in breast cancer treatment decisions questionnaire: School of Nursing, University of Michigan, 1993; 1–41..
- 36Australian women's prediagnostic values and influencing sociodemographic variables relating to treatment choices for early breast cancer treatment. Australian Journal of Cancer Nursing 2007; 8: 9–20., , , .
- 38Australian women's pre-diagnostic decision-making styles relating to treatment choices for early breast cancer. Research and Theory for Nursing Practice: An International Journal 2003; 17: 1–20., , , .
- 39Decision-making of women with early stage breast cancer: A qualitative study of treatment choices. Dissertation Abstracts, International (Science) 1985; 46: 3784..
- 44Psychosocial guidelines in cancer care and support. New South Wales Public Health Bulletin 2001; 12: 274–276..